fifa game

nada

Veteran X
finally watched too many ppl play fifa and i want in. i dont even watch soccer. i downloaded for pc and i have a 360 controller. im pretty fucking confused right now. can someone help me get good at fifa / play w me /etc ?

ty
- nada

on offense, kick the ball to the top or bottom of the field and attack the wings by just holding sprint and running forward

the lobbed through pass is really really over powered if you want to get the ball to your striker

on defense, if you're on the last defender infront of the goal dont try to tackle just stay ahead of the guy with the ball and hold the button that calls your teamate over to tackle

if you're not on the last defender try to play in the space of the angle he'll most likely pass to since its generally a straight line. if he turns or changes the angle then follow the turn and try to stay inbetween him and his pass target

Pass, pass, and pass some more.

Don't try and beat 11 players running up the field with one guy. You need to pass and move constantly.

It's far easier to score with a weak shot, than trying to break the net.

rite now im doing all the skill things to gold. p hard but i can see the passing bein pretty sik once ur nimble w it

I have 2K13 and am quite the baller in career mode.

I've found a lot of the animations in '14 can really get in the way more than they used to.. Trying to edge a little closer in to the guy you're defending and wind up jumping into contact and sliding straight past him and putting you out of position, getting 'bounced' while ball-handling and then just walking straight out of court, and the number of times I've been called for goal tending because my dumb-ass seven footer takes this almighty wind-up when I hit the button to swat a point-guard driving the lane...

I think they particularly broke big men. I've tried multiple times to get an old-school intimidating big man.. a Shaq, a Moses Malone, Patrick Ewing, Bill Laimbeer, Bill Russel or a Wilt Chamberlain... and being able to throw down a big angry dunk like Shawn Kemp would be nice, too. Unfortunately, every time I've tried they've really underperformed, and again I think it's largely the animations for 'big man' seven footers that are to blame.. The movements change around there and suddenly rebounds that you should be eating go sailing by.. looping layups go floating past an outstretched elbow...

So my current dude is a 6'11" small forward. Yup, that's too tall for a SF, but the game's a bit broke and it's the only way I can get the sort of player I'm after - the attribute caps for big men are fucked. He eats rebounds better than my 7'3 (even a hacked out 7'6) centres could, swats shots reasonably well (so far, haven't put anything into it yet, still less than half way through my first season). Playing with the Timberwolves, and with Rubio, Martin, Love and Pekovic out there as well, it's actually a ridiculously strong, and nicely balanced team. Martin and Love both raining 3s, Rubio driving and kicking out to them, and Pek inside scrapping away, my dude's mid-range and driving fills it out well. At the moment though, Love's been injured, and though Williams initially got promoted to the starting lineup as a straight swap, it's switched now to bring Brewer in at 3 and pushed my guy into PF, which is kinda what I was aiming for anyway.

Interesting to see what 15 brings to the table in the next few months or so.. hopefully it's a decent update.

Back