[FEEDBACK] R-Pod/Chaingun and Jetpacks

Zephirum

Veteran XV
First of all, let me just say I'm loving *almost* every thing about the open beta. There are new players out there finally, and pubs are alot more interesting. So far I only have a few minor grumbles about T:V.

1. Chaingun - This is a very minor grumble, the only thing I don't like abut the newest (or oldest?) incarnation of this weapon is that the tracers aren't long enough. It can be hard to tell where your bullets are going.

2. Rocket Pod - This weapon has alot of room for improvement. The damage is good.. when you actually HIT what you're aiming at. It seems to me like the rockets need a bit more thrust behind them, they seem to fire and fly in a "heavy with a speed pack could outrun them" kind of way.

3. Jetpacks - It seems to me (and almost everyone I talked to in a few pubs) that the Light/Peltast and Medium/Hoplite armors don't have enough jetpack energy. Just a smidgen more and it'd feel a little better. The Heavy/Myrmidon has enough energy to get it going places, but the Lights and Meds seem to fall short.

Zephirum said:
2. Rocket Pod - This weapon has alot of room for improvement. The damage is good.. when you actually HIT what you're aiming at. It seems to me like the rockets need a bit more thrust behind them, they seem to fire and fly in a "heavy with a speed pack could outrun them" kind of way.
fall short.

Bingo, they need to be faster, much faster. As it stands the only thing you can consistantly hit with this thang' is a stationary object.

Yeah, but it also seems like the time between you fire and all the rockets are actually in the air is a little long..

Maybe improved fly-by-wire on the rockets would help, their turning radius is pretty sluggish.

The Rocket Pod is fine the way it is. If you learn to use it it is very effective. If the rockets were any faster aiming them would be harder. I can hit a lot of stuff with the rocketpod, and heavies are easily raped with it.

The rocket pod wasn't meant to be used at large distances like the T2 missile launcher. It's good for close range and anti-vehicle since most vehicles are slower than the individual rockets.

Durak said:
The rocket pod wasn't meant to be used at large distances like the T2 missile launcher. It's good for close range and anti-vehicle since most vehicles are slower than the individual rockets.

I know that, but as far as the rockets AV purpose goes, its next to impossible to hit a Rover or Fighter. The rockets either need a more precise fly-by-wire or better acceleration. The first solution would be best since the acceleration would encourage long range spamming, I agree.

Back