[Feedback]Grappler-crosshair

Selachii

Veteran XV
Now I personally haven't played the beta yet, but all the movie releases lately give a good picture of how things work.

With the grappler having an 'ammo' limit, shots have become more valuable, ofcourse.

The length of the grappler looks like a 'feeling'-matter at the moment.
I think that making the crosshair change to a cross, like when deploying turrets, when the targeted surface is out of range, could help players finetune their grapples alot.

It also seems like a 'realistic' function for a 'weapon' like this.
With 2 grapples to go, I can imagine a capper would be very happy with a notice that he isn't in range to grapple a certain surface.
It's won't noobify it imho cause the player movement could still make the grapple miss (in aim and distance).

Actually, 5 minutes of use with the grappler and you can accurately judge what it won't/will grapple. Where to grapple becomes second nature, kinda like jetpacking.
You will be able to tell the distance at which it can grapple without the use of bothersome crosshairs.

I imagine that judgement will become quite accurate indeed.
But when you pass a tree or something at 'high speed', and you need to get away, you would want to grapple the highest point on the treetrunk. It would be nice to know when the top of the trunk would be just out of range, while a point some ft. below would be in range...

it feels like a logical feature to me... and will perhaps allow unskilled players to use it a bit better

Last edited:
If the grapple couldn't fire while X'd then maybe this could stop the bothersome (from what I heard) refire thingy, but it also might cause a bug.

anything which makes things easier, esp with teh grappler :|
grappler is already game-changing.. and you want it to become even easier to use. From what i've seen, chasers arent going to be able to rely on grens the way they could, as the capper may not be hitting the ground; not to mention being able to change direction easily.

Selachii said:
I imagine that judgement will become quite accurate indeed.
But when you pass a tree or something at 'high speed', and you need to get away, you would want to grapple the highest point on the treetrunk. It would be nice to know when the top of the trunk would be just out of range, while a point some ft. below would be in range...

it feels like a logical feature to me... and will perhaps allow unskilled players to use it a bit better

You’re trying to make it very easy?
Like the other guy said, if you use for a day/night what ever it takes to learn it, it is second nature, there is no need to make it any easier to use then it already is. You'll be surprised at the people using it like a monkey in the tree's you will also learn to hate those who use it so well :p :cat:

Th3Cleaner said:
You’re trying to make it very easy?
Like the other guy said, if you use for a day/night what ever it takes to learn it, it is second nature, there is no need to make it any easier to use then it already is. You'll be surprised at the people using it like a monkey in the tree's you will also learn to hate those who use it so well :p :cat:
ya, but first impressions dont wait 24 hours to develop :p

I don't think the usage of the grappler will be n00bified on itself though, it's not like it tells you where to grapple at what moment.

It's just that I can imagine that it could save some frustrated moments (esp when aiming 2 pixels down WOULD have made the grapple work...).
It's just an idea I came across, I'm certainly not put off with:
"A 'pro' can handle it or cope with it"

Sopo said:
If the grapple couldn't fire while X'd then maybe this could stop the bothersome (from what I heard) refire thingy, but it also might cause a bug.

No, the grappler should be able to be fired while X'd. The X only represents current distance, not taking into account the player movement (wich might be towards the grapple surface)

Back