fast food charging for extra condiments

-Dark-Angel-

Veteran XV
So wtf?!

I pay like $8 for a goddamn meal and they want to give me 1 goddamn ketchup packet for a large fries.. then I ask for "a bunch of ketchup" and they put one extra in there. I just paid $8 goddamn dollars for a meal and you can't come off of like 5 Ketchup packets?

And NOW I'm seeing signs that say "there will be a charge of $0.25 per extra condiment" at McDonalds.

Holy shit this is rediculous.

And to top it off.. so they don't get bitched at for their window time they try and make you pull up after you pay and have someone bring your order out to you.. and usually its fucked up and you have to go back inside.

Fuck fast food. I quit! /rant

The better alternative is to visit Whole Foods and eat the salad bar. Have to go inside, but you can get it to go. It's sold by weight, usually $8.99 / lb. Not cheap, but a good meal. While you're there, pick up some Quinoa, veggies (salad), and fruit. Cook 2 cups of Quinoa, add in veggies, store in fridge, lasts a few days.

I also experienced this recently at McDonald's... I wanted an extra sweet and sour sauce for my 10 piece nugget, they wanted .45 for it (it only comes with one). It was the first time in years i had eaten at McDonald's, no idea when they started charging.

The other answer is to visit the local taco joint (not Taco Bell).
: : El Agave Azul : : Auténtica comida Mexicana : :
Had a similar thing happen. This place has bottles of green salsa in a fridge. The customers can take a bottle to the table and pour the sauce into little solo cups. At first they had caps and customers could take sauce home. Now there are no caps, which means everyone (including me) was filling cups and taking the sauce home (because it was so good). If we want to take sauce home, we can ask for a lid, but we usually just eat our food and go.

if you still eat fast food you're weak

you know it's peasent food, you know it will kill you, you are what you absorb

Buy condiments at the grocery store. Also, I think this has been in place for years but it depends on who you get at the window. Black people usually throw sauce in the bag to last you a month.

Back