Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited

hey so... just finished the 3rd book of the Awakened series and i gotta say - very interesting story. i just picked up the 4th book and it looks like the 5th is out now and the gods/demons of man's early days.

tripy

Last edited:
ok... i have only just begun reading D-Boys, by Michael Stephen Fuchs and... even though i am only 30% into the book, i have to post about it.

Hackers, Delta force, Homeland Security, terrorism (of course) and... the terrorists laundering real money through a FPS MMORPG, causing many of the real deal D-Boys, to begin learning how to play video games because dorks like us, are able to learn how to properly use all kinds of weapon systems correctly and perfectly compared to the old way of hands on experience. -- i think. this is what is happening now in the book.

Delta -- almost "the best of the best of the best, sir!" you know, compared to SAD/SOG which, is also in the book.

[archer]Its totally freaking awesome![archer]

video games, hackers, guns, explosions, conspiracy... its got it all. :lol:
]
and its only a few $

i need some shit to read, about to finish reading the malazan books

not sure how i made it thru all this shit, some of it just draaaags

so far crippled god is good

i need some shit to read, about to finish reading the malazan books

not sure how i made it thru all this shit, some of it just draaaags

so far crippled god is good
dude... the awakened series is awesome and you can read a book a day if youre not retarded. so, 5 days.

also, this is a set i have not posted on here but if you enjoy not being a fucking faggot, you might enjoy reading the Rho Agenda: The Second Ship, Book 1

totally awesome series. read a book a day if youre not retarded like Ares or Van. hate those guys. pussies.. the both of them. one claims "native" american yet promotes everything evil the same govt did to his people and the other, is, well, just an idiot with a degree from some Rockefeller learning center. :lol:

well, wait a second... hate is a pretty strong word and is an absolute.

yeah, i dont hate either of those guys, yet. dont know them. my bad.

Several decades have passed since I read Asimov's "Foundation" trilogy. I've purchased all the books since the first 3 came out and am now reading through the entire series from the start.

I'm re-reading the Foundation trilogy after I finish my current book. I haven't read them in ages. Are the other books outside of the trilogy any good? Not sure if I ever read them.

What's the best place to start? I love Asimov's work.

I'm re-reading the Foundation trilogy after I finish my current book. I haven't read them in ages. Are the other books outside of the trilogy any good? Not sure if I ever read them.

What's the best place to start? I love Asimov's work.

Don't know yet myself, just getting into the last of the original trilogy.

That reminds me I need to pick up the next Dresden Files book.

I've never read any of these, don't know much about them, but many of you keep posting how good they are and it's piqued my interest.

So, I've got some questions for you Dresden lovers. There seems to be a lot of Dresden files. Is the best place to start the first book? Does order matter? Are there story arches that span multiple books?

Basically, I don't want to read 9 books for a full story right now, but if each can stand on their own I might be interested.

This is a pretty cool thread :bigthumb:

didnt read the whole thread, 56 pages is pretty daunting. I suggest the forgotten realms series, particularly the dark elf trilogy (the technical beginning to the whole 13 book drizzt series). others that i have had great re-read value with are threat from below, serpents kiss, and of course icewind dale. Did anyone else enjoy the forgotten realms series?

American gods is on my bucket list, along with ananzi boys. If your into graphic novels at all, the "sandman" and "death" books are amazing. just make sure to use the tdub referal link if you pick up any books on amazon.

I've never read any of these, don't know much about them, but many of you keep posting how good they are and it's piqued my interest.

So, I've got some questions for you Dresden lovers. There seems to be a lot of Dresden files. Is the best place to start the first book? Does order matter? Are there story arches that span multiple books?

Basically, I don't want to read 9 books for a full story right now, but if each can stand on their own I might be interested.

They all stand pretty well on their own. Starting at the beginning is a good choice imo. You can see his writing improve with each book but the first one is still a good story. All of them are easy reading in a day or 2.

Back