Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited

Is Hamilton's Void series worth it?

I read about 50 or so into it a few months ago on the reccomendation in this thread, bit 'denser' than I like with the first book I read from an author, but the living spaceships that mate (kinda) with their (female) captains thing was pretty interesting

I'll get round to finishing it eventually

i read snow crash a while ago and then picked up cryptonomicon because it was by the same author when browsing a random bookstore

holy shit, im almost finished with it and im sad its ending

anything like this kind of story i can read? i heard diamond age is good but i have no idea wtf it is otherwise

Last edited:
I received Count to a Trillion by John C. Wright and Iron Council by China Mieville. Anybody read these? What did you think?

I read the Hunger Games trilogy over the past 3 days. Obviously written by a woman with the ever present fashion elements and typical Twilight "Which boy do I love!? Omg I don't know!"

But if you can get past that they were quite good.

yeah a friend read them and wants me to. in turn she has to watch battle royale and read SOIAF. im told i can skate through them. ill probably read one a day lol

i read snow crash a while ago and then picked up cryptonomicon because it was by the same author when browsing a random bookstore

holy shit, im almost finished with it and im sad its ending

anything like this kind of story i can read? i heard diamond age is good but i have no idea wtf it is otherwise

Anathem was fucking amazing, once you get through the first chapters and get "grounded".

book of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sunbook of the new sun

easily the best written series of books ive ever read. gene wolfe is just spectacular.

I read the Hunger Games trilogy over the past 3 days. Obviously written by a woman with the ever present fashion elements and typical Twilight "Which boy do I love!? Omg I don't know!"

But if you can get past that they were quite good.

My sister got me the trilogy for Christmas. Finished the Hunger Games and was impressed, but not sure about the next 2 books. Is it worth it to keep going?

I just found old copies of the Coldfire Trilogy at the parent's house over the holidays. Anyone read them? Just finishing up Wise Man's Fear now so I'll be looking for something new to start.

^ Yeah, Kingkiller Chronicles and Sanderson's Way of Kings are torturing me right now because I really want to read the next books.. patience is a bitch.

My sister got me the trilogy for Christmas. Finished the Hunger Games and was impressed, but not sure about the next 2 books. Is it worth it to keep going?

Yeah, might as well finish it. I didn't notice the last 2 books being any better or worse than the 1st.

the blood angels (omnibus) shit is supposed to be pretty good, along with the salamanders (tome of fire) omnibus

personally though, you should just plough through the HH shit, it's fucking sweet (apart from the ben counter books)

infact, the best 40k book ever written was 'legion' which is like number 7 or 8 and all about the alpha legion

written of course by dan the FUCKING MAN abnett

I finished the Gaunts Ghost series (which was excellent) and finally started the Horus Heresy last week.

Just finished book 7. Shit was awesome but I am going to rage having to wait for the rest of the books to come out.

I'm trying to remember a book I read and the only real detail that sticks out was that ships were controlled by a person melded with the ship. When people were critically injured their conciousness could be downloaded into the ship so that they might live on.

I'm trying to remember a book I read and the only real detail that sticks out was that ships were controlled by a person melded with the ship. When people were critically injured their conciousness could be downloaded into the ship so that they might live on.

honestly, thats a pretty prevalent theme... need more info :)

Back