Fantasy Football... HALP MEH!

CjBurden

Veteran XX
So I lost Frank Gore and now I'm not sure who to put in for either 3rd receiver or 3rd running back.

I had been playing Sproles but he killed me last week and he's questionable this weekend.
Spiller is apparently getting return duties back but probably won't really get carries.
Welker has been playing well lately and he's really tempting me but is playing a dominant defense in Chicago.
Westbrook might be made of glass but is against Seattle at home who is terrible, especially on the road.
Devin Hester has been too streaky to rely on, but NE defense has given up a ton of yards this year.
Starks is kind of a secondary back but looked great last week and is against a weak team in Det.

Tamme or Vernon Davis? I'd lean toward tamme, of course he got me nothing last week while watson and davis both put 20+ points up. :\

Halp me win my first playoff game ever. (my first year playing FF)

FFroster2.jpg

I say start Vernon Davis at TE an TB Mike Williams at flex.

But if you don't take that advice, I think you gotta keep it as is.

Williams at flex isn't a bad suggestion. He's been pretty good this year. I'm hesitant to start him and blount though just in case TB struggles badly. They should beat up on Washington though.

As for TE I think I'm going to stay with Tamme. SanFran is just too much of a mess, Alex Smith may be back in as QB. That team is a disaster and even Gore was under-producing before he went out. Also if not for last week's monster of a game from Davis this wouldn't even be a question, Tamme was on fire and Davis hadn't done anything in weeks.

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Williams at flex isn't a bad suggestion. He's been pretty good this year. I'm hesitant to start him and blount though just in case TB struggles badly. They should beat up on Washington though.

As for TE I think I'm going to stay with Tamme. SanFran is just too much of a mess, Alex Smith may be back in as QB. That team is a disaster and even Gore was under-producing before he went out. Also if not for last week's monster of a game from Davis this wouldn't even be a question, Tamme was on fire and Davis hadn't done anything in weeks.

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, big question is when your rosters lock. If it's on a per-game basis, then I'd go with Tamme. I guess I was making the completely unfounded assumption that all of your roster spots lock at the time of the first game (tomorrow night) and Tamme is still questionable.

And as for Mike Williams, I just find it hard to believe that anyone would struggle against Seattle at this point in the season, and Josh Freeman has had a very solid year.

It's fairly obvious that this is an extremely strong team. A little thin at RB outside of Hillis, but Matty Ice as backup qb and the ability to start either VD or Tamme? Come on now. This team is beefy.

yeah, Gore killed me. I liked my chances at the championship but now it's really shaky. :(

west brook to RB, welker to flex. Tamme is better TE than davis right now, since SF doesnt have a clue who is playing QB this week. Manning cant play like shit again IMO, hes to damn good

i too have rodgers, jennings, tamme, and had gore, i picked up dixon cause i was lower in waivers that week, seattle might be getting colin cole back this week to he was one of the guys that made our run defense good before we lost him and red bryant so might slow westbrook down a little i would say mike williams

Same situation as you, I was pretty strong going into the playoffs then lost Gore. I made the pickups of Westbrook and Stewart so I should be in good shape.

If I were you I'd BN Westbrook until he proves himself for atleast 2 games in a row, and put in Welker. I don't like your Flex options at all. In fact i might start Vernon Davis in my Flex spot if I were you, going 2 TE is a total desperation move but I had it pay off earlier in the year until I got my injuries back.

My team at the moment,

ffweek14.png

Same situation as you, I was pretty strong going into the playoffs then lost Gore. I made the pickups of Westbrook and Stewart so I should be in good shape.

If I were you I'd BN Westbrook until he proves himself for atleast 2 games in a row, and put in Welker. I don't like your Flex options at all. In fact i might start Vernon Davis in my Flex spot if I were you, going 2 TE is a total desperation move but I had it pay off earlier in the year until I got my injuries back.

My team at the moment,

ffweek14.png

Super beast team compared to what I had auto-drafted for me while I was at work. (not a money league so i don't really give a shit)

Pretty sure his flex is only W/R. And are you in a 2 team league that you have a playoff team yet you can still pick up Westbrook and Stewart? Your waiver system must be strange or everyone in your league gave up.

Last edited:
Back