Family Din

Mantra

Veteran X
I have decided to get more involved with this forum so I decided to post some pics from our most recent "family" din from Friday PM. Main course was duck. Can pretty much tell what the rest of the stuff is from the pics. Wine tastings were Gewurzt and Pinot Noir. Bonus points if you can name the two kinds of oysters, I bet you guys only can get one!

final3o.jpg

final4z.jpg

final5.jpg

final12f.jpg

final9.jpg

final7x.jpg

final8i.jpg

duck is overcooked.

the big oysters look like blue point oysters.
the smaller ones might be great south bay oysters.

looks fun though! and nice work on the wine pairings.

I'm guessing one is Apalachicola. I think the other might be a north east or north west oyster because they are kinda small.

When I posted this I had no idea the small oysters were only available to Vancouver Island. I had them in Seattle once so I assumed they were widely available on the west coast.

Anyways the small ones a kushis, the larger ones are malpeques.

When I posted this I had no idea the small oysters were only available to Vancouver Island. I had them in Seattle once so I assumed they were widely available on the west coast.

Anyways the small ones a kushis, the larger ones are malpeques.

So you live in the Pacific Northwest and expected us to guess without knowing where you live?

There are tons of different oysters out there. I still said Northwest but I'm sure there is a oyster bar here that has them... they get oysters from all over the world flown in once a week. Problem is, I don't think I want to pay $5 for one oyster.

Back