Fair Tax Book

Stupid pipe dream. You want to tax people on money they spend which will make people not want to spend money and buy stuff which drives the economy. They claim that since corporations won't have to pay taxes anymore that things will become cheaper for people. Show me one company that would voluntarily reduce prices for the benefit of people. If all corporate tax stopped today you'd see a small token reduction in prices and a large jump in profitability.

Also, this basically reduces taxes on the rich who gain a majority of their income from investments and corporate profits. They will instead only have to pay an increased sales tax, and only for personal consumption. If they turn their family into a corporation, like many do already, they can purchase things tax free.

I'm not in favor of taxing the rich more than anyone else. I'm in favor of equality and non-discrimination in taxing. Implement a flat income tax of 15% all the way across the board and teach the government how to spend money smarter. Stop giving out tremendous tax breaks to anyone.

Back