Eyefinity....how?

I have two monitors hooked to a 6850. The first monitor is on and going no problem but the second one is not doing anything. Says there's no signal and then goes to standby. I have them hooked to the two DVI ports.

Save meh TeeDub.
Using Windows 7 64 bit if it matters. And the latest drivers for the card.

One monitor has to be plugged into the DisplayPort (and it must be ACTIVE not Passive, they sell cheap adapters to make them Active if it isn't already). The others can be HDMI/DVI.

One monitor has to be plugged into the DisplayPort (and it must be ACTIVE not Passive, they sell cheap adapters to make them Active if it isn't already). The others can be HDMI/DVI.

Was under the impression only the third had to be set like that. I only have the two....

Guess will watch again.

I also just realized, you said you're wanting to use two monitors? If you plan to play games on it, you do realize the middle of the screen will be missing/split right?

Good luck playing an FPS or the likes with the cross-hair split apart 3 some inches. :hrm:

I also just realized, you said you're wanting to use two monitors? If you plan to play games on it, you do realize the middle of the screen will be missing/split right?

Good luck playing an FPS or the likes with the cross-hair split apart 3 some inches. :hrm:

Naaa just looking to play around with it. Happen to get ahold of a second one cheap and wanted to just mess with it.

Just be sure you're doing everything correctly first. Would suck to spend hours on the phone when you could solve it with 20 mins of Googling.

Back