[expiration][oatmeal] 3 BEST BY SEP0506S

mr_luc

Veteran X
So I forgot to get groceries. Some of you may recall my pork chop thread. :(

I just ate a bag of chips that I think were from 2 years ago, but now there's some oatmeal and it says "3 BEST BY SEP0506S".

I don't know what this means. :( It's instant oatmeal that has been in there since the previous tenant. Does it mean september 5th, 2006? In which case, I'm good.

I guess I will find out.

i drank what?

seriously tho, just eat it unless there's shit crawling around in it that isn't the oatmeal

ZU Puma said:
in the words of proud virgin mary... come again?
How is it confusing? Unless you think that I said a bag of instant oatmeal was actually TALKING to me. It wasn't. It contained a printed message that said "3 BEST BY SEP0506S".

I do not know what that means, and I hope that it means September 5, 2006, and not September 05. Otherwise I will be eating old oatmeal.

And it is very old, left over from the former tenant of this apartment, an attractive sister of my best friend (and the apt is a good deal, $350/mo nice spacious 3-bedroom over a 90+ year old woman).

g0ds gReeN said:
so did you open it? or will you never face destiny in the eye and say I made oatmeal out you?
I will have you know that I am preparing boiled water EVEN AS WE VIRTUALLY SPEAK.

godspeed. may your path be forged with wholesome nutrition (assuming it's isn't the plain kind. fuck plain oatmeal.)

g0ds gReeN said:
godspeed. may your path be forged with wholesome nutrition (assuming it's isn't the plain kind. fuck plain oatmeal.)
Oh no. "Naturally flavored", "Maple and brown sugar" ...

instant oatmeal. :rofl:

Damnit! I made it with twice as much water, so it was like oatmeal broth. MY ONLY PACKET OF OATMEAL, the only food left, and I fucked it up! All was lost.

And then, hidden under all ... AN ENTIRE CYLINDRICAL CONTAINER of quaker oatmeal, SEALED, with a CLEARLY marked expiration date of this coming August.

That is enough oatmeal to tide me over until morning. Salvation!

deimos said:
if that isn't proof that god exists, i don't know what is!
I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.

I forgot to eat today. I do that a lot, since I drink a lot of coffee and work all day. So I was so damn hungry, and NOTHING in the apartment.

It's a 42-oz container, that's 42 dry ounces. It will probably produce a good five pounds of edible oatmeal when cooked. :D :D :D That's GOOD EATIN. And I'll probably eat all of it right now, because I'm HUNGRY.

Then I'm going to get some Krispy Kremes, because the first batch arrives at the store in an hour or so, when it opens.

wtf. I'm retarded. Behind the butcher's paper in the freezer, there is a package of fresh tilapia.

That fish is the best fish there is. So in conclusion, there is evidently some kind of boundless cornucopia contained somewhere in my apartment. :eek: I have got plenty of food. Ignore this stupid thread, I'm exhausted. :lol:

Back