[Evercrack] so any of you faggots still play eq2?

Warrlord

Veteran X
i just picked it up again after 8 months, and this fucking patcher keeps canceling my download as soon as i start it. i dont feel like reinstalling the entire game since it is my original install from 2004 with over 3 hours of config files i will have to go manually recreate, and i doubt that would even fix the problem. used to happen to me about twice a month, and i knew a work around, but i have since forgot. posted on eq2flames but so far no responses, so i figured i would ask if anyone here does.

ps DrSupey will fuck you up if you troll this shit :D

people still play that shit?

its quite a concept i know, but apparently the latest expansion which came out last week is better than the last one, so i figured i might as well, since i want an MMO to play late at night when all the FPS games servers are dead and i want something to do :weird:

lol im actually about to level my illusionist (chanter) to 80 and get it raid geared. went and talked to my old raid guild and they need an extra illusionist now that you can raid with 5 groups. if i decide to come back and stay back im going to dual box my paladin to tank n spank a ton of shit while mentoring my illusionist (deleveling and scaling your gear and spells down to a lower level, only it doesnt scale right and you are basically as strong as a whole group). will be fun as hell since there is still mid level content i havent run yet because of how fast i end up powering through it LOL

I dont play EQ2, played the hell out of EQ1. Vallon Zek 12 prophets representing. Those were the good old days, then luclin came out and fucked the game up entirely. What a shitty horrible pvp ruining expansion.

I've got a 50ish bruiser that I was playing for a while. I really do enjoy the game, it's just none of my friends play it :(

I played a monk in EQ1 from Kunark on to about the time they started introducing Lost Dungeons of Norrath and the slew of new expacks that really didnt provide much of anything.

money's scarce lately also, so my acc is down

i just picked it up again after 8 months, and this fucking patcher keeps canceling my download as soon as i start it. i dont feel like reinstalling the entire game since it is my original install from 2004 with over 3 hours of config files i will have to go manually recreate, and i doubt that would even fix the problem. used to happen to me about twice a month, and i knew a work around, but i have since forgot. posted on eq2flames but so far no responses, so i figured i would ask if anyone here does.

ps DrSupey will fuck you up if you troll this shit :D

You can't back up the config files? You can't try installing the client in another directory? You suffer from a huge lack of troubleshooting creativity.

wait, i thought eq2 died and everyone was palying eq1.

i'm playing WOW, but would rather play EQ... i always though EQ was a better game than WoW (even eq2), unfortunately the masses followed WoW.

Pre-Luclin EQ was just about the best game ever. Had a Barb Shaman & Rogue.

I was really excited when EQ2 came out and I found out I could make a Barb Paladin, then I played it :(

No MMO will ever be what EQ was to me. :(
(Considering how much time I wasted playing it, that's probably a good thing :p: )

Christ i remember on Rallos Zek where getting killed in PVP meant they could take every single thing off you that wasnt in a bag

Nope ... haven't played in years. Liked it but friends dropped so I found it boring to play an MMO alone. I tried clans but they all turned out to be one failure at organization after another.

I downloaded the trial about 6 months ago and it seemed like an OK game (as long as you like pvp). The big put off from my point of view was the ridiculous death penalty. Also, I've heard the engine is crappy since it doesn't utilize multiple CPU cores because they bet that multiple core processors wouldn't take off and developed in a different direction.

Back