Euro release is dvd only?

Ok this made me a little worried, I started checking some Swedish sites and there will be a CD version, no worries. But the funny thing is the box shot shown is actually the one someone made a topic about the other day... it's a community contribution...

20026.jpg

If you don't have a dvd-rom, get one. They're ridiculously inexpensive, and dvds are a hell of a lot nicer for games now they're coming on 4-6 cds. I would have loved a dvd-only release in the US.

Oxide said:
Ok this made me a little worried, I started checking some Swedish sites and there will be a CD version, no worries. But the funny thing is the box shot shown is actually the one someone made a topic about the other day... it's a community contribution...

http://www.softwareexpress.se/WebShop/Image/Article/20026.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/gerbba/tv.jpg ..some shops have the pic of the box you pasted on their web, so I'm not sure if they're selling it out with different boxes.

Proximus said:
well
lets hurt sales some more by forcing ppl to buy dvd roms

They're already forcing us to have expensive video hardware, a shazbotload of RAM, and a fast processor. What's another 20 dollar investment for 6x the disc capacity? Do you think games are going to get any smaller?

Krytoss said:
at roughly 2075 floppys needed to fit T:V, each floppy being 2mm thick... you would need a storage box over 4 meters long :D
Measured in millimeters, a floppy's dimensions are 90*95*3.

2075 floppies would take up a total volume of 90*95*3*2075 = 53223750 mm^3.

That's slightly more than 53 liters (14 gallons) of data.

DVD only in Europe. Old news already. :)

I read from somewhere that HL2 wont have CD version in Europe either.

Last edited:
RompeR said:
16+ in usa and 15+ in EU ? :p
16? Im 14 and i got it with no problem but on my way out (after i already bought the game) the guy at gamespot asked me if i wanted a job and i asked him how old i was and he said 16. Haha he sold it to a minor. :D

Back