[ESPN Insider Request] Hansbrough's replacement

Hansbrough's replacement
11:04
AM ET
North Carolina Tar Heels Top Email

One would think it nearly impossible to replace Carolina great Tyler Hansbrough, a four-time All-America and last season's player of the year who led the Tar Heels to the national title.

But according to Robbi Pickeral of The News & Observer, Roy Williams has found his answer to Psycho-T. John Henson, a 6-10 freshman who was No. 6 on last season's ESPNU 100, stole the show at "Late Night with Roy" in Chapel Hill.

"While Hansbrough's bull-in-a-china-shop mentality was just what the Tar Heels needed to control the lane after most of the 2005 national title team went pro, Henson's lean, long-armed agility may be just what the Tar Heels need on the wing this season in the wake of losing six scholarship players off last year's NCAA championship squad."

A lot to put on the "skinny" shoulders of one freshman? Oh, but wait. There's Dexter Strickland and the Wear brothers, David and Travis.

Doug Gottlieb
Can't keep up with Carolina
"While no one else really plays like UNC, the two national titles and a third Final Four while back in Chapel Hill makes Roy Williams' style worthy of any list. North Carolina runs. They run on makes, they run on misses and their end-to-end push puts you on your heels (thank you, thank you)."

henson is going to be a beast

we're going to get harrison barnes as well. i know it.

when you say we, can you let us know whether you're talking about duke, unc or maryland? not sure what team you're a fan of this week

did you listen to jordan's hall of fame inductance speech where he said he hated carolina before he went there

i think the word is 'analogous'

1. i'm in nyc
2. i dont go to raleigh, it is the center of hell and faggotry in north carolina (but enjoy fucking your soon to be ex-friends ex!)
3. i would destroy you

i don't like any of the 3 things you just said to me. friendship revoked.

but i do agree there's a lot of preppy fagmos walking around here. i live in charlotte so it's less faggotry and more blacks. but despite the rampant negro population its probably the top of my list for places to live in NC.

have you been to the outer banks/wilmington? or boone?

raleigh is a concentration of PHDs, azns, and rednecks. it offers nothing other than a cookout, shitty football team, and a fucking headache every time i have to drive through it

I really don't get around Raleigh much aside from a few bars near to where i'm visiting. I've been to Wilmington, Morehead City, Emerald Isle, Kure Beach, Atlantic Beach, etc. Been all over the coast and I love it.

Been to Boone and it's not bad either, but there's so many fat neckbearded hippies wandering around there that I don't think I could see myself living there.

Back