[espn insider req] Rumors: UNC could make late run at Jack

North Carolina Tar Heels Top Email

Frank Burlison of the Long Beach Press-Telegram reported last night that David and Travis Wear, rising 6-foot-10 sophomore twins that were McDonald's All-Americans just one year ago, are transferring from North Carolina.

It's unclear where the twins might choose to transfer, and whether they remain a package deal or will pursue schools separately, but ESPN.com's Diamond Leung did mention UCLA as a possible destination for the Huntington Beach natives.

"I would imagine UCLA would be interested." said the twins' father, David Wear, Sr. according to an article in the Charlotte Observer.

National recruiting expert Dave Telep gave the Tar Heels some advice, saying "If I were Roy Williams and could only make one telephone call, it would be to Kadeem Jack." Jack is a 6-foot-8 forward from New York who has visited Arizona, Arkansas and UConn. He has considered taking a post-grad year to develop, but UNC's sales pitch may change the import of that decision.

However, the departures will leave the Tar Heels very thin in the post. Big men Ed Davis (NBA Draft) and Deon Thompson (graduation) were both already on their way out, meaning the only two post players left on Carolina's roster are 7-footer Tyler Zeller and 6-foot-10 John Henson, who is long but needs to bulk up to be more effective down low. The Wear twins were expected to back up Zeller and Henson, who figured to be starters at the center and power forward positions, respectively, in 2010-11.

Coach Roy Williams may have to adjust to playing smaller this season, perhaps using 6-foot-8 freshman small forward (and No. 1 overall recruit) Harrison Barnes at the 4, with Zeller and Henson platooning in the middle. The Heels don't have any big men recruits, and it's probably too late for them to grab one before the spring signing period ends, but Williams may try to work his magic. In the meantime, it looks like UNC's recovery from NIT team to national contender may taken a bit of a hit.

fuck. this is such bullshit...

"Their father called me last night and asked for their release, which came as a complete surprise." Williams said. "I met with both kids in mid-April for our typical end-of-year meetings and together we worked on their development plans for next season. Both David and Travis seemed to be excited about their futures at North Carolina. Our coaching staff will look at whatever options are available but it's hard to replace two quality players at this time."

seriously? thats just beyond ridiculous...they have willingly fucked the program for another year. its so late in the signing period, and who is left anyway

Last edited:
I'm an insider on a rivals wildcats site...

Here is the latest on Jack, as of today. Fuck:

* It's been a strange week for 2010 basketball recruiting. First off, Kadeem Jack decided that he would in fact go to South Kent prep school rather than choosing a college, reclassifying to the 2011 class in the process.

"I'm just trying to hone my skills next year and I thought it would be best to do it at South Kent," said Jack. "That is pretty much my focus."

Jack said that he still likes UA and would continue to consider the Wildcats in 2011.

"I definitely do," said Jack. "There is a great opportunity to go in there and play right away and I love the style of play which fits me. It's also has a great atmosphere and the fans are great."

well i know roy + the alumni are going to do everything they can to recruit him...hopefully it works. god this pisses me off.

i mean..why the fuck would they do that NOW? they're going to have to go D2 or sit out a year, is that really worth it? where would they find a better basketball program in the nation?

and they weren't disliked on campus or anything. its not like people hated them, i dont see how they could have a 'bad' experience essentially being a super star

fuck

well i know roy + the alumni are going to do everything they can to recruit him...hopefully it works. god this pisses me off.

i mean..why the fuck would they do that NOW? they're going to have to go D2 or sit out a year, is that really worth it? where would they find a better basketball program in the nation?

and they weren't disliked on campus or anything. its not like people hated them, i dont see how they could have a 'bad' experience essentially being a super star

fuck
personalities probably didn't mesh and he probably didn't like one for minutes or something. stuff happens all the time.

They are faggots, everyone says they are going back home to the west coast and play for some cali school, they probably missed their mommy's tit.

Seriously...
wear.jpg

Back