Empire Total War DEMO - Friday

glad i dont have a computer that even dream of running this smoothly or i think i might be tempted.

oh well.

the enemy battle AI is still crap

the main campaign map and all the gameplay from it has been completely revamped and is about 5x better

i still havent tried naval combat

razor release works 100%, i feel bad for anyone that bought this. creative assembly's retail launches are worthless

The land campaign is all I really care about.....

it becomes obvious that the dev team tried to do too many things, and worked on some things alot more than others

anyways heres an screencap of a ship boarding, except the AI si bugged so everyone from the ship with 4x more men is jumping to their death

a4m9-2.jpg

a4m9-3.jpg

Yeah there appears to be quite a few bugs to work out.

Garrisoning structures is a death sentence for the occupants, and I can't seem to get my troops to deploy on the walls of the fort to defend it.

It's a solid game, suffers from many of the same problems Total War always has though.

Shitty fucking AI, and shitty fucking unit pathing especially when trying to siege a fort or board a ship. I wish they'd iron that shit out...trying to get a bunch of guys to climb ropes onto a fortress wall is as frustrating as always, you're bound to see half of them bug out like retards.

So wait, computer reqs are very high? What's the setup?

I was able to run the demo on my dad's computer on maxed out settings with very little issues; and he doesn't have nearly some of the sys specs some of the people in here have that are having issues. It was a computer he bought from dell a year ago for like $999 and the only thing thats upgraded in it is the graphics card and thats a 8600.

Hmm.... I've got a 4850X2 and I don't max out the settings. Perhaps I should try....

On another note. I bought the Best Buy version with the code to unlock USS Constitution. What did everyone else get? (i.e. trade codes for the unlockables? Or is there a thread somewhere with the codes?)

razor release works 100%, i feel bad for anyone that bought this. creative assembly's retail launches are worthless

Why? I'm really enjoying this, very fun game. I'm maybe half way through the last part of the Road to Independence campaign, kicking some British ass.

On another note. I bought the Best Buy version with the code to unlock USS Constitution. What did everyone else get? (i.e. trade codes for the unlockables? Or is there a thread somewhere with the codes?)

They're unlocked on Steam, they're probably not tradeable.

Back