Embarassing Nerdy Question.

Hmm, interesting. There's a lot going on there, so I think it would be a number of regions in the brain involved. Regions of the brain would maybe be:

1. Visual cortex, visual association area (occipital lobe at the back of your brain)
2. Primary motor cortex/premotor cortex (probably responsible for the actual aiming, but not the confused part)
3. Prefrontal cortex, this is the front of your brain and has to do with decision making. This region is going to decide what the primary motor/premotor cortex do, so something is probably misfiring here or just unsure about which target to shoot. Maybe the real problem is trying to prioritize the two enemies (due to the problem of one gun but two bad guys) but not having any information available to weigh one against the other (one guy having a bigger gun than the other, one of them with less health then the other, etc)
That's a really fancy way of saying he always chooses flight over fight.

It could have to do with the part of the brain that also senses direction. I forget exact percentages or details, but like 90% of optic nerves go to one section and the orher 10% to another. So even if blind you can still sense if something is coming towards you or away, left, right, up or down.

do you have any more info on this, i was under the impression that the optic nerve went straight in the the back of the eyeball. A number of things can cause blindness as well, so that could be a very specific form of blindness or something. I'm interested to read about it though

Partially blind people can sense facial expressions - Times Of India

Their eyes are intact but they have damage to the visual cortex on one side of their brain, which means that they cannot process information from the visual field on the opposite side of their nose.

The scientists say that their findings show that our spontaneous tendency to synchronize our facial expressions with those of other people in face-to-face situations — known as emotional contagion — occurs even if we cannot consciously see them. "This is interesting evidence that we can recognize the emotions of others without needing to be visually aware of them," Nature magazine quoted neuroscientist Christian Keysers, an expert in the neurophysiology of emotion at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, who was not involved in the study, as saying.

The back of the human brain is used for concious vision. The majority of animals, as well as humans during flight/fight, use subconcious vision in the heat of the moment. This is what the horses were using to sense the "obstacles."

This link is a better article, posted 4 years ago to the day.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/23/health/23blin.html?_r=0

seeing/associating something is different from forming a response, such as aiming between two things.

Always aim for the biggest threat unless you are sure you can immediately dispatch a weakened opponent.

eh i never have this problem

and how is this a nerdy question? if youre so self conscious of being a nerd youre probably a nigger

Last edited:
1276582986037.gif

I don't have this problem, but what I catch my dumbass doing is pretty bad too in BO2:

I see one guy, shoot at him, and then if a 2nd guy pops up within my view, I'll switch to him despite the fact that I haven't killed the first guy

then I just end up injuring them both and dying

Back