Electrical Speaker Project McThingy

TooSmoothe

Veteran XX
I want to make a portable, easy to break down sound system that I can throw on top of my friends van. I don't think it would be that hard to wire together and come up with a design but I'm also not looking to spend that much money, if any at all on this thing.

Things I have:

-Old school boombox
-Shitty ass subwoofer
-Shitty ass Loudspeakers
-Access to Soldering and all the parts I would need for wiring
-Verrrry shitty amp

Will it be possible for me to wire this up with an old car battery? Or without using the amp (hasn't been used in years and it may be dead)?

I really only see a major issue with getting the power source to the boombox but I think I could find a way around it.

If you are wondering what it's for, some friends and I are doing a very long road race and this will allow the trailing team van to yell things at our runner and opposing teams runners while blaring really annoying music throughout the Illinois countryside.

Last edited:
pRS1C-2266479w345.jpg

39.99 radioshack
you're welcome

if you are looking for irritation factor, thats going to be about as irritating as it gets. loud and all the buttons on the top play pre-set midi stuff.

Mainly I'm looking to play music for the people who are running, kind of just noticed there was a mic port.

Any handymen/engineers out there?

This really doesn't sound that difficult at all. All you'll need is a three way (depending on how many speakers you have) signal distributor to send the right frequencies to the right speakers, then connect the main line to the receiver. To power the amp, you'll just need a DC to AC converter and you're golden.

I've seen people at LSU tailgates use large coolers with wheels make these by keeping all the wiring and a car/boat battery inside the cooler and cutting holes to install the speakers and car stereo.

Back