Professor - English $84,709 US November 30, 2016
Professor - Law $158,350 US November 30, 2016
Professor - Mathematics $93,894 US November 30, 2016
Professor - Architecture $102,989 US November 30, 2016
Professor - Chemistry $95,657 US November 30, 2016
Professor - Communication $88,607 US November 30, 2016
Professor - Dentistry $123,791 US November 30, 2016
Professor - Drama $85,334 US November 30, 2016

College Professor Salaries by education, experience, location and more - Salary.com

So, if they work 50 hours a week (lol) and get two weeks off (but they actually have more with breaks between semesters).. call it 2500 hours a year (50 weeks x 50 hours per week). Call the average pay @ $90K. Comes out to $36 /hour. Of course less hours worked = higher pay per hour.

home-left-of-shideshow-2014.png

AAUP

"Promoting economic security of those who teach".... What a sweet deal for them, not so much for students.

In almost every discipline a person who chooses to teach (especially at the university level) is accepting a salary well below their market value.

they have to deal with students, totally worth their pay

Grad student grades everything and give any office hour whiners 10 extra points and a plate of tendies. Student reviews 100%

to look tough for the admin randomly take attendance 3x per semester and flunk the ones that don't show so long as they aren't rich alumni kids or football/basketball players

O IC WHERE THE I ONLY HAVE COLD CUTS ANGER CAME FROM NWO TOO BAD THE TRUST FUND WASNT AVAILABLE AT THAT AGE MOTHER FUCKING SCUM LORD POS FUCK YOU

In almost every discipline a person who chooses to teach (especially at the university level) is accepting a salary well below their market value.

except in liberal arts, the arts, social sciences, or pretty much anything that consists of about 90% of the curriculum at most universities now

those who can't do teach......well those who couldn't find tangible employment for unmeaningful degrees are apparently professors.

then bitch that they only make 100k a year for teaching a class 2x per week 6 months a year

i dont think its those that cant do teach. i just think the best and brightest either go to other places or chose not to shine when they become a teacher

some ppl r just there to get the stable pension on retirement and summer vacations

i dont think its those that cant do teach. i just think the best and brightest either go to other places or chose not to shine when they become a teacher

some ppl r just there to get the stable pension on retirement and summer vacations

...right. The perks are just too great for teachers. LOL

very true....

California faces a looming teacher shortage, and the problem is getting worse - LA Times

and apparently the meat grinder is so bad that even those people are jumping ship now

who knew that combining chuck-e-cheese and tower of babel wouldn't be a conducive learning environment for anyone

very true....

California faces a looming teacher shortage, and the problem is getting worse - LA Times

and apparently the meat grinder is so bad that even those people are jumping ship now

who knew that combining chuck-e-cheese and tower of babel wouldn't be a conducive learning environment for anyone

mara Moore thought of herself as a career teacher, but she could see burnout in her future. In her first year, she was putting in 60 hours a week but was troubled by how her school focused more on raising test scores than on working with her to meet the needs of students.

gg

except in liberal arts, the arts, social sciences, or pretty much anything that consists of about 90% of the curriculum at most universities now

those who can't do teach......well those who couldn't find tangible employment for unmeaningful degrees are apparently professors.

then bitch that they only make 100k a year for teaching a class 2x per week 6 months a year

i'm actually curious what would be the breakdown of professors per subject area

popularity of majors is easy to find, but obv. a business prof is going to be lecturing to 500 kids and an ancient greek prof is going to have a seminar of 10, so the numbers probably don't scale
https://www.goodcall.com/news/what-are-the-20-most-popular-college-degrees-01617

also note that what you said about 90% of curriculum being liberal arts garbage doesn't match up at all with those top 20 majors, all but a few of which are technical or practical

op stats prob don't take into account adjunct professors who make up over half of university faculty and make substantially less $$$
http://www.forbes.com/sites/noodleeducation/2015/05/28/more-than-half-of-college-faculty-are-adjuncts-should-you-care/#18a3383e1d9b

even better are the administrator salaries making 2-3x as much and never have to talk to a student if they don't want to

MSMFreePress_raw_illus_04.jpg

yeah that chart looks bad but you should include the absolute number of people we are talking about. if they are going from 4 to 10 administrators (250% increase) for a student body the size of ucsd that isn't bad.

State worker salary database | The Sacramento Bee

absolute number of people can easily be discussed

it is closer to 40 to 400.....100 to 1000

it is pages upon pages of new administrators at just about all CSU to UC college campuses

2014-02-13-stmaryschart.jpg

Administrators Ate My Tuition

and they are destroying college affordability like administration glut did the health care industry (pre-obamacare.....yet alone post)

mliwi2.png

just as it is hard to find a doctor at a hospital without lines......same should soon hold true for college campuses

yea when they schedule classes they're like IT STARTS AT ALMOST 7 and it's confusing

Back