DVD Player that will play divx burns?

d0ggy

Contributor
Veteran XV
My friend is always jealous of my ability to watch movies and such. I want to get her a dvd player that has the ability to play burned divx movies, but there seems to be mixed reviews on every single one I've found.

Can anyone suggest one that they own that works great?

nearly all DVD players will play DIVX nowadays, even cheap ones.

that being said, DVD is oldschool and for her to be jealous of your ability to use archaic optical media technology is silly.

Wow, seriously?

Is this forum throwing errors bringing back posts from 2001?

nearly all DVD players will play DIVX nowadays, even cheap ones.

that being said, DVD is oldschool and for her to be jealous of your ability to use archaic optical media technology is silly.

The few I found through google stated they play the audio through MP3, where all my movies are AC3 audio codec. Is that all in the same?

that being said, I just ment she is jealous of my "shopping" skills and not the fact I can watch a DVD.

So i've read. That is why I was hoping someone here had 1 they knew worked 100%.

'100%' more or less dont exist, since codecs change all the time/new ones come out and the internal chip gets old, but if you put a bit of research in at a dedicated dvd player forum or review site you should be able to bag one at a reasonable price that'll play 'most'

lol?

i download movies that own to watch on my tv bc i'm too lazy to walk over to the shelf

then i complain about having to wait 14 minutes

i dont have a vcr, dvd or bluray.. i have extHDs and internet and network.

my mom has a vcr and keeps bugging me to come hook it up to her new tv

Back