DUI Checkpoint stopped

I'm torn between my dislike of the arbitrary and unfair DUI BAC limits in combination with random searches, and my dislike of those dirty mexicans.

RNJBOND said:
The ACLU and Human Rights Organizations get up in arms about that kind of stuff.

I can't understand why we don't secure our borders with Mexico better, using the national guard or maybe the state militia or, hell, even ordering our border patrol to open fire, while increasing the amount of legal immigrants allowed to come into this country and easing restrictions on those.

The only problem with that is the only people that would immigrate would not be the ones companies are paying 2.50 an hour to work for them.

Great, so what? The companies pay higher wages and product prices. Consequently, we don't pay money in taxes that would go towards healthcare and the like for illegal immigrants.

It's a win-win scenario.

Either way, it'd be preferable to not have illegal immigrants crossing the border every single day. In addition to being just plain wrong, it's also a danger to America.

The problem here, is that the check point was set up to find drunks, but then they take it to the extreme with the license check and everything else.
If they're looking for drunks, check for that only. Talk to the driver, see if the speech is slurred, if so do the test. Otherwise let them pass.

-Mac- said:
Thats against the law Yankee. Unreasonable search and siezure.

not if they do it to everybody that passes through, u cant do it at random but if you check everyone youre good to go

RNJBOND said:
Great, so what? The companies pay higher wages and product prices. Consequently, we don't pay money in taxes that would go towards healthcare and the like for illegal immigrants.

It's a win-win scenario.

And properly securing 8,000 miles of mexican\us border, most of which is desert, would be relatively expense free...

Phantred said:
And properly securing 8,000 miles of mexican\us border, most of which is desert, would be relatively expense free...
Put out an official statement that any landowners on the border will not be prosecuted for opening fire on illegal border-crossers. Let the unorganized militia do their job.

Wait a minute..He thinks its unfair to illegal immigriants because they lose their car and have to pay fines and shit?

What the FUCK happened to DEPORTING them?

*edit* shoulda read the thread first. Putrid beat me to it ;)

Last edited:
I like how it mentions they are law-abiding except for not having a license. HELLO The Term illegal alien or immigrant has the word ILLEGAL meaning BREAKING THE LAW. And how do they know they are law abiding? If they know that then why have they not been deported already since they keep such close tabs on them?

sLoGg said:
not if they do it to everybody that passes through, u cant do it at random but if you check everyone youre good to go
From what I understand of going through one once is that they still need consent to search your car unless they (or the dog) detect the presence of drugs. I guess if the dog barks or whatever.

I got to the check point. I was asked for my license and insurance. Was told to shut off the car. I was explained what was going to happen. Basically they were going to walk the dog around my car sniffing the outside. They did a second pass, ran my name for warrants and let me go. Not before asking to search the car anyways to which I declined.

-Mac- said:
Thats against the law Yankee. Unreasonable search and siezure.

no its not.. they did it all the time at norfolk naval station (of course this may be slightly different seeing how its a military base) but they also do it in florida.

Respice said:
From what I understand of going through one once is that they still need consent to search your car unless they (or the dog) detect the presence of drugs. I guess if the dog barks or whatever.

I got to the check point. I was asked for my license and insurance. Was told to shut off the car. I was explained what was going to happen. Basically they were going to walk the dog around my car sniffing the outside. They did a second pass, ran my name for warrants and let me go. Not before asking to search the car anyways to which I declined.
yes, unless something is in plain view or they establish probable cause

RNJBOND said:
When we find illegal immigrants, why can't we just deport them?

Good god, do you have any idea what my lawn would look like, won't someone please think of the shubbery!

Back