Drywall update

what style of texture are you going to use? I ask because hiding all the holidays on that ceiling thingy is going to be top priority.

Also, how are you going to trim the rightside of the door in the bottom picture?

A lot of the framing was incomplete too, like missing the inside corners, so that took a long time to get things padded out. Then the ceiling joists were way out of whack and had to be strapped. Some of the studs to stair trim were 1" gapped so I had to hang some walls x2. Hopefully I'm on the downward hill now and once the 3rd coat of mud goes on I'll get my black dude to sand it for me.

It's two passes of 90 min quick set and then final pass of premix.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Idk how this area was originally done? Guy should've left this part in plaster since there's no mechanicals around it. It must've had a door somewhere. If the frame was any closer to the wall then it'd be like super short. So I put the frame outside a bit to give the most clearance. Otherwise you'd lose like 4 inches head height. But the outside wall is sloped horribly so there's like a 1 1/2" taper from frame to wall. Idk I'll probably just stretch out the framing like 6" on the side and drywall on top of the door frame with a j edge finish.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

You better rig up a door stop, or it will take out that window. At least it looks like it will.

lol holy shit that is ugly af

i mean, at this point you might as well box off that whole part of the ceiling.

55648844.jpg

actually i live in a 120 year old former heroin den for pueblo's legendary east side dukes and there's not a single square angle in the place

it still looks way more better than the shit you're slapping up

Back