[Dragon Age] Tactics System

-Bane

Veteran XV
How much do you rely on the tactics system, if at all? I've found myself using the tactics system more and more over the pause + give command, especially with Advanced Tactics and the More Tactic Slots mods. Only time I issue commands now are for spells that the computer is inherently stupid with (i.e. Cone of Cold) and backstabbing. Do you do this as well, or does it detract from the overall experience to run on auto-pilot?

I found the tactics system to be inadequate and thought that the computer didn't properly handle tactics and the cpu controlled characters would stop and do nothing at times, or attack when they shouldn't at others. Not sure if this has been addressed through patching, but thought the pause control worked significantly better.

i micromanage everything myself. on the second go-around ill probably try to do it with just tactics or something

I found the tactics system to be inadequate and thought that the computer didn't properly handle tactics and the cpu controlled characters would stop and do nothing at times, or attack when they shouldn't at others. Not sure if this has been addressed through patching, but thought the pause control worked significantly better.

The tactics shipped with the game suck -- check out Advanced Tactics. There's also a More Tactics Mod (gives more slots / level, maxing out at 25) but I didn't find it in my cursory google search.

i used tactics quite a bit, especially for my rogue and warrior, so they would always have their continuous effect ability, and use their best attack when they can. Only bad thing in the case of warrior, had him set up to use taunt as soon as he goes into attack mode, and would use it again after it cooled down even though it's not needed.

For the mage I had single target spell set, the rest I micromanaged. I grew quite fond of the spell power/tempest/blizzard combo, was quite lovely.

Considering my mage can solo almost every encounter... no, I don't use the tactics system much.

Try a group of 3 mages :jester: untouchable. I'd auto-pilot my mages too if there was some intelligent AOE casting -- most glaring omission in the system imo.

Back