[Dogs] Potty Training tips.

BrokenWear

Veteran XX
Okay, so i've had several dogs over the years and i've always potty trained them fairly easily through consistently letting them out to potty any time i get up to do anything at all and through crate training them...

fast forward to now, i got a female french mastiff about 2 months ago, at first she took to potty training very well and i thought everything was going to be fine, and then all of the sudden she started urinating in her crate, she's in her crate less than 3 hours a day and she is always pottied before and after she goes in, today i come home and her crate is completely soaked with urine and a fresh pile of dog crap, it was the most vile thing i had ever smelled, on top of that she had rolled around in it and covered herself to her ears and face in it... she was in her crate less than an hour today.

im at a loss on what to do with this animal, everything ive read about them say they have a very fragile personality and spanking them is not recommended as it causes them to become timid... i have no idea what to do so i leave this an open question to tribalwar, give me some good advice guys.

obligatory blurry phone pic of the dog fresh out of the bath a few minutes ago.

10o4adv.jpg

Last edited:
today i come home and her crate is completely soaked with urine and a fresh pile of dog crap, it was the most vile thing i had ever smelled, on top of that she had rolled around in it and covered herself to her ears and face in it.

I'm sorry but your dog may be retarded.

instead of a crate use a utility room preferably with a surface that can be cleaned in case of accidents and put down a scented pad for the dog to go on, restrict the dogs access to other areas of the house until trained.

Ever consider she may have just really had to go? Sounds like you're doing fine and need to suck it up and get through the next month. I doubt she likes sitting in her own filth and the older she gets the more she'll hate it. Don't yell at her for shitting/pissing in her crate, only the house. Her crate is her domain.

Very easy training tip.

Be around your dog for extreme lengths of time. Never let your dog out of your site. The second you see she needs to goto the bathroom, get up off your fat, stanky ass, and put her outside. Then, the second she is done going to the bathroom, immediately bring her back in. Repeat this, and within a week she'll know what the fuck is up.

Very easy training tip.

Be around your dog for extreme lengths of time. Never let your dog out of your site. The second you see she needs to goto the bathroom, get up off your fat, stanky ass, and put her outside. Then, the second she is done going to the bathroom, immediately bring her back in. Repeat this, and within a week she'll know what the fuck is up.

This.

A treat after she goes outside won't hurt either.

Perhaps walk her before you put her up in her crate so she'll probably sleep for the few hours she is there and probably poop and pee on the walk.

The longer you let it go on the harder it'll be to stop. Dogs normally have an instinctual desire not to go where they sleep, but if they get into the habit of doing it anyways it's not easy to reverse.

Young dogs can't hold it for hours on end...

Very easy training tip.

this. and praise the fuck out of her when she pees outside.

Very easy training tip.

This.

A treat after she goes outside won't hurt either.

The longer you let it go on the harder it'll be to stop. Dogs normally have an instinctual desire not to go where they sleep, but if they get into the habit of doing it anyways it's not easy to reverse.

Young dogs can't hold it for hours on end...

this. and praise the fuck out of her when she pees outside.

these people have zero reading comprehension.

though the advice (and insults) are appreciated everything suggested is nothing out of the normal potty training realm, also, read the OP before you reply it helps you appear smarter than you may or may not be.

soak newspaper with its piss then take it outside and put newspaper wherever you want it to piss and rub its nose in newspaper.

Don't put it in the cage if you don't want it shit in it.

Last edited:
Did you get this dog from a pet shop? They are taught to use the cage there, and it's really hard to break them from it afterward.

No, hitting the dog doesn't solve anything as they are too dumb to know why you're hitting them even if you do it right after they go. You have to CATCH them doing it, yell at them/clap/whatever to scare them and make them stop, then take them outside and praise them/give them a treat when they do go.

Eventually they'll catch on that outside is the better place. You just have to be patient till then.

Also make sure the cage isn't too big. It should be just big enough for the dog to be able to turn around and lay down. Any bigger and they will go in one corner and sleep in the other (unless it's a pet shop dog, then like I said they'll just go and then lay in it anyway).

Last edited:
these people have zero reading comprehension.

though the advice (and insults) are appreciated everything suggested is nothing out of the normal potty training realm, also, read the OP before you reply it helps you appear smarter than you may or may not be.

hey now, don't get mad at us because your dog is too stupid to piss on the grass like our normal, intelligent dogs do. :angel:

Did you get this dog from a pet shop? They are taught to use the cage there, and it's really hard to break them from it afterward.

No, hitting the dog doesn't solve anything as they are too dumb to know why you're hitting them even if you do it right after they go. You have to CATCH them doing it, yell at them/clap/whatever to scare them and make them stop, then take them outside and praise them/give them a treat when they do go.

Eventually they'll catch on that outside is the better place. You just have to be patient till then.

Also make sure the cage isn't too big. It should be just big enough for the dog to be able to turn around and lay down. Any bigger and they will go in one corner and sleep in the other (unless it's a pet shop dog, then like I said they'll just go and then lay in it anyway).

i got her from a private breeder after seeing the ad in the paper, the breeder had been working with her on crate training, so what you're saying may be the case.

Back