Does liquid drano work?

if there's a lot of clog up in there then you aren't going to make it move by pouring more liquid in there, unless the liquid is strong enough to eat away hair, which I doubt it is

get a plunger or a snake

1/4 of gallon of bleach will clear that shit up. Ive used this method for sinks and showers. It works.

what does it mean if all the toilets in the house often clog? even upstairs where you would think gravity would be helping.

I'm having this issue.

rofl
seriously tho. someone mentioned the system may not be getting enough air. apparently there are pipes that let air into the system so it flows nicely.

if there's a lot of clog up in there then you aren't going to make it move by pouring more liquid in there, unless the liquid is strong enough to eat away hair, which I doubt it is

get a plunger or a snake
drano dissolves hair

cclo8750.jpg

I shaved my head the other day in my shower and was in a hurry and let the hair go down the drain and everytime I take a shower now it never drains out fast enough so by the end of my shower I am ankle deep in dirty water. Anyway just wondering how well this would work.

The stuff in the picture works the best IMO. I've tried regular drano and shit before, it all sucks. Although once I had to use 2 bottles of the shit but it does work.

Liquid drano will clear an opening and let more water down for awhile (before it clogs up with more crap), but a plunger is the way to go.

Damn people I was just asking a simple question. I have never heard of anybody using this stuff and was wondering if it was worth spending $ on or If I had to go about this some way else.

seriosuly man.. be careful what you ask around here...

i made a couple threads about some simple things and i got torn to shreds.. its a tuff world here at TW.

I've used Drano or Liquid Plumr on just about every clogged sink I've ever had, and it works fine. It's what--5 bucks a bottle? Not exactly a huge amount of money or effort you need to invest to find out.

Pour it, let it sit, then rinse with hot water. If it doesn't work right away, then plunge it once or twice. You usually don't need anything more.

Drano is a temp. fix. It will work when you first use it... but the a simple thing like a girl shaving her legs in your shower will clog it up again.

No shit.. literally 6-7 hours ago I just got done unclogging my drain for the same exact reason. I'd stand in there for about 3 minutes and then have to turn the water off and let the water drain before turning it back on again. I didn't want to shell out for draino (for some reason I figured it'd be like 10-15 a bottle.. how expensive is it?) Armed with latex gloves and a wire hanger that I cut with a pair of pliers I removed the drain cover only to see a ginormous mass of hair. It was probably one of the worst experiences of my life as I pulled this fucking disgusting 3 foot long strand of hair out of the drain. I then used the hanger to get the rest and then ran the water for a few minutes and let it drained... works like a charm now. Pretty awesome that I don't have to stand in my own dirtiness by the time I'm washing my face. All the hair came from my gf and I'm guessing my former roomates girlfriend that used to shower in it btw..

God horrible.

Back