Does anyone here have an Antec sonata case? Help?

Neek

Veteran X
I'm having some problems connecting up the front audio ports on this case to my soundblaster audigy card.
Does anyone else have this card/case combo and have you managed to hook up the audio ports? How the heck do you do this? I've looked everywhere for info and/or diagrams and come up empty. :mad:
The manual for the case is frustratingly vague when describing how to hook up the audio to anything but integrated audio on the mobo.
Help?

I don't it will work with the audigy card

it's meant mostly for on board sound (on the motherboard that is)

I have a sonata case but haven't thrown a sound card in cause I have it on board...audigy doesn't have headers to connect to front audio jacks because you're supposed to do it with Creative's Live Drive thingy

sry =(

This sucks, the USB connectors don't match up with the ones on my mobo either.

Other than that...great case.

hmm..the USB connector SHOULD match up

but ya..sonat's are badass, I've built 3 systems with them and gavem to my parents and stuff...they gush about my skillz =p

The lights on the front burn holes in my corneas though. Had to disconnect those 'cuz they were blinding me. heh.

the Usb cable has a little white plug in one of the holes. plug does not match up with the spaces on the motherboard connector. @^#^&@$^@$^

What do you mean the USB connectors don't match up?

Find the specs on your motherboard. They should list what each pin does for hooking up USB leads. Match those specs up with the cables coming from the front of the case, and you're golden.

Same goes with the sound, I assume, though I've never given either a shot.

I've got this case... love it, except for the front panel. Haven't got them working, including the usb and firewire ports. the blue leds randomly stopped working too. I'm too lazy to dismantle the comp and send back, though.... and I'm fine w/out em.

Back