Do People Still Play Tribes?

Tic

Veteran XX
Are any of the Tribes incarnations still active? Which version is most 'active'?

I ask because my most enjoyable overwatch beta is done and I am looking for a fun FPS (preferably free, as I will most likely just play overwatch again when it's back).

If not, what other free FPS's are people playing?

Your most loyal breath freshener,

Tic

I really have no clue, I got out of the scene after T2 came out, it sucked ass, and T1 fell a part - hence my question.

Tribes 1 for Area/LT
Tribes 2 for CTF/Construction

Play around 8:30PM EST on either to find active servers.

T1 still has pubs every night but it's LT

If your not used to speed it's hard to get back in, still fun though

Yah LT killed tribes, hence why I stopped playing it. Not to mention half the fun of Tribes was the variety of the game, not just light armor - removes the fun variables and strategy from the game.

T2 sucked from what I remember....

Perhaps I should be asking what other good free FPS's are out there?

Did you play Tribes 2 Classic? Because it's a totally different game than the piece of shit from 2001.

If you wait for the faggot LT pubs to die, everyone goes to =Argh='s afterwards.

There are more people than that playing Tribes 2 Construction or Tribes 1 RPG mod.

LKuBVoE.png

dSmIIKj.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think I did Odio.....

Is the game active (could I go into a server now and play)?

Could probably get 3-4 dudes into a LakRabbit server for a map or two. Most people work during the day. So the full servers don't happen until later in the evening.

So I have been looking a bit online - any thoughts on:

Dirtybomb
Planetside 2
TF 2

Which do you guys suggest?

Try all 3 and form your own opinion. I have all 3 of them installed and don't play any of them.

Tribes ascend isn't great and is t exactly a tribes game - but it's free, has a form of skiing, and somewhat active player base

Back