Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, has successfully recovered

I haven't played any games in a while so I have no idea what I updated/did that has started this. Every 2-5 minutes my game will black out for a bit and then when I close it I'll have about 15 of those notes in my icon tray. Awesome.

That's pretty much a computer death-sentence in a few days/weeks if you don't deal with it. There are some fixes you can download, but I'm not sure if nvidia supports them.

I've read everything on this.

Solution? There is none. Google all you want. You will get tons of "fixes" on tech forums that seem to work for 2-3 people and fail for everyone else.

This has plagued Nvidia for a very long time and any number of things may cause it, so its not something they can simply make go away with a new driver. Nvidia had a lot of input into the Vista SP1 just because of this issue and it still didn't help people who had this issue. People will tinker around with the different fixes and cause more problems, or just not have results, and spend money buying different RAM, you name it.

For me, I had Alienware. I just sent it back and they sent me an even more powerful ATI card with no extra charge. That's the worth of buying Alienware. The support is fantastic. Just get a new card, one from ATI. If you pursue fixing this you will very likely find yourself pulling your hair out trying complicated fixes with 15-20+ steps that yield no results.

That's pretty much a computer death-sentence in a few days/weeks if you don't deal with it. There are some fixes you can download, but I'm not sure if nvidia supports them.

This is complete bullshit. The post from Reggs is entirely accurate, although there's a similar (though less common) issue with ATI cards. The only 'solution' I know of has to do with SLI, and the solution is turning off SLI.

i've been getting a lot of these for a while, only in firefox or vlc player (wtf) my only hope is that when i format and goto windows 7 it'll be gone

alternatively, the card may be overheatin/a piece of shit.

It is pretty ancient, SLI'd 7600GTs. I've never overclocked them but its possible they are dying. I've turned SLI off but it hasn't helped.

Fuck Im too much of a jew to upgrade right now.

i get this too...mainly when playing wow.

havent noticed it yet since windows seven was installed...but im also buying a new card in a week or so

Back