Direct X 11.1, Ehh here we go....

Great move, MS. Make me want to avoid Win8 even more than I already do. :rolleyes:

Next there will be DX11.1 compatible cards, and few months later DX12 gets announced.. along with new set of cards :)

the difference between the newest direct x's are hardly noticeable. not in any rush to upgrade, and it's not like new games will run exclusively on the newer releases

the difference between the newest direct x's are hardly noticeable. not in any rush to upgrade, and it's not like new games will run exclusively on the newer releases

I was going to ask if there was a huge difference like shaders or anything. As long as games do not require the newest Direct X, it should be fine.

I installed Windows 8 on my and my wife's desktop PCs. So far, I like it a lot. The lack of a true start menu takes a little getting used to (and there are freely available apps that bring it back, if you really want it).

Overall, it's not bad.

Damn all those games that require DX 11.1 and support nothing else will be unplayable forcing you to purchase and install Windows 8 TODAY

or not, stupid alarmism

I installed Windows 8 on my and my wife's desktop PCs. So far, I like it a lot. The lack of a true start menu takes a little getting used to (and there are freely available apps that bring it back, if you really want it).

Overall, it's not bad.

I, too, just built a Windows 8 'puter and I quite like it a lot.

Overall, it's not bad.

Right on the nose. However, the public perception is a PR nightmare for Microsoft. No matter what they say, it's probably a big reason why Sinofsky was shown the door.

It's a good OS, but it feels a bit like a Frankenstein monster. It can't decide what it wants to be.

This really isn't a surprise considering they've been doing this since Vista. Developers just won't use it until OS adoption is high enough.

Back