Direct TV sucks

Direct TV can suck a dick. I canceled my account because I moved in to a place that already had cable. They charged me $250 for this and told me I had 90 days to pay it. One week later they take it out of my bank account. OK, no big deal I had to pay it anyway. They said they sent me a return kit for my box and said I had 30 days to return the box and remote. I look on my online banking today and they took the money out already. I never fucking got the return kit.

I called my bank and filed a dispute. I called Direct TV twice today and have yet to hear a response. This company can suck my dick. The service was great and I loved the HD channels, but this shit is ridiculous. Never get Direct TV. If you do read ALL the fine print.

/rant

did you break your contract... if so they're right to charge you.

they gave me no problems when I disconnected my service, and no problems sending back the equipment. Hell, they even let me keep the non-DVR recievers, just incase I ever wanted to go back I wouldn't have to get new ones.

Comcast is still worse. Any why the fuck would you give your TV provider direct access to your bank account? Auto bill that shit to a credit card. It's easier to dispute a charge on your card than it is to get you bank to put money back into your account.

Yeah I broke contract. That's what they charged me $250 for the first time. They gave me zero chance at sending the box back by not sending me the return kit. I gave them the new address and everything.

Edit: this is the second time they charged me $250 for the box. First time was for the contract cancellation.

On the flip side, if you have DishNetworkHD you have new HD channels you may not be aware of. Some are HD versions of old favorites (Cartoon Network!!!!!) but there are a couple new movie channels, too.

So you admit that the service was great, but are complaining about the way they have handled your admitted "break of contract"?:member: :baby:

I never pay any bills by giving them access to my bank account, that is extremely stupid in my opinion since you have on way to argue anything, when they add bullshit charges no your account which is bound to happen. It wasn't your fault directly, but you need to use more fiscal responsibility. Pay everything with your credit card in the future, lesson learned.

On the flip side, if you have DishNetworkHD you have new HD channels you may not be aware of. Some are HD versions of old favorites (Cartoon Network!!!!!) but there are a couple new movie channels, too.

You sure do got a pretty mouth, boy!

So you admit that the service was great, but are complaining about the way they have handled your admitted "break of contract"?:member: :baby:
I had to move, had no choice. I knew there was going to be a fee. I paid that already. But don't charge me another fee for the box when you never send me a fucking return kit.

You sure do got a pretty mouth, boy!
deliverance.jpg

Direct TV can suck a dick. I canceled my account because I moved in to a place that already had cable. They charged me $250 for this and told me I had 90 days to pay it. One week later they take it out of my bank account. OK, no big deal I had to pay it anyway. They said they sent me a return kit for my box and said I had 30 days to return the box and remote. I look on my online banking today and they took the money out already. I never fucking got the return kit.

I called my bank and filed a dispute. I called Direct TV twice today and have yet to hear a response. This company can suck my dick. The service was great and I loved the HD channels, but this shit is ridiculous. Never get Direct TV. If you do read ALL the fine print.

/rant

Directv is one of the best companies I have ever dealt with when dealing with customers... They will bend over backwards to maintain you as a customer and even when I have threatened leaving and paying the early cancel fee they have still given me free shit to keep me as a customer.

I have 5 DVR's in my house and I have payed for none of them.. they even waived the shipping.. I have gotten Sunday Ticket for free 3 out of the last 5 years and last year I didn't get it but wished I did on those weeks when my team had already played and I wanted to see a good game and only shitty ones closer to home were playing (i.e. Lions or Bears)

The only thing I don't like they have done recently is create a 2nd tier of more exclusive HD channels so you have to buy the HD package and then buy a higher level HD package for certain channels... They will have to kill that soon as E* will put the pinch on them.

You shoulda told them you were being stationed overseas to Germany for the military and wanted to know if you could maintain your service overseas. They would either waive the cancel fee as they would like to regain you as a customer when you return. Or they would suspend your account until you contact them back to reinstate it.

Last edited:

LOL yea Dish had to throw their customers a bone.. Directv's sat will be in place in the next 2 months I believe and their HD channel capacity will triple... they will add every HD channel available and have room to add others as they become available.

Directv took awhile but they have really put Dish in a bind... Most Directv subscribers thought it would never come though! lol

As for moving, DirectTV would have installed a new rig for you at your new location for no cost. They want to keep you as a customer. The fact is that at your new place it was more expedient for you to churn them, because you had "cable" there already. Not DirectTV's fault whatsoever, as you already admitted.

Why post that they suck then. They don't. All that happened to you is that they have systems that work automatically. Whether or not you got the return kit, they didn't receive back their equipment by the prescribed time. Hence their aging software kicks in and debits yours account. As someone else said: don't ever let anyone debit out of your bank account directly. If you really want this, then set it up with a credit card (and must be legit, not a bank imprint Visa on your bank account) where you can then use the protections of your CC company to do a dispute before they have settled. This is effective because all companies need to keep the number of disputed charges down, and won't fight with the cc company.

Your post should have been: how do I deal with this situation? The answer is that you should call, nicely explain the problem, ask them how the problem can be corrected. When you do this, make sure to tell them that you really like DirectTV and expect that you will be a customer again in the future. If you play your cards right, chances are they'll send you the box, you return the gear, and you get a credit. Or you can write off the $250 as a learning experience. Either way you've learned a valuable lesson about cleaning up your own personal affairs.

Back