Dell 2005FPW ghosting a bit

dlkzx

Comrade5
Veteran XV
my new dell 2005FPW is ghosting a little bit, does anybody know what this could be caused by/how to fix it?

ghosting is caused by the drifting of the local oscillator, it can be fixed but is kinda difficult to do. sandpaper usually fixes it fast

I don't think there is any way to fix ghosting. Your screen just can't keep up. Getting a screen with better response time will help.

Make sure it's not your source. On mine, cable T.V. input looks drastically different, for obvious reasons, than computer or DVD input. I've seen no ghosting on mine.

Alternatively, exercise your right to exorcise. :bigthumb:

Last edited:
do you think using DVI would fix it?

the input slot for DVI on my video card is not deep enough for the cable dell provided :(

also, do you think if i plugged in a different newer cable, it could fix it?

lol

http://www.vesa.org/press/displayportaug.htm

The Video Electronics Standard Association, or VESA, is currently reviewing a new display standard which will allow for better resolutions, more colors, higher refresh rates - all over less wires than current technologies. Called DisplayPort, the new standard will provide both audio and video data over the same connection with much greater bandwidth.

The new standard is designed to replace current DVI and VGA standards used in LCD and Analog displays, which VESA points out are quickly falling behind the times in technology. The group also notes that VGA was never designed for high resolution video, and DVI lacks the ability for devices to communicate with one another.

With a review process that is expected to last up to six months, devices utilizing DisplayPort technology could be available as early as next year.

WTF?! How DARE they fucking innovate right after I emptyed my wallet. Those bastards!

(I'm not sure if I'm being sarcastic or not.) :disgust:

dlkzx said:
do you think using DVI would fix it?

the input slot for DVI on my video card is not deep enough for the cable dell provided :(

also, do you think if i plugged in a different newer cable, it could fix it?

I am pretty sure that if you switched to DVI, it would solve most of your problems. DVI cables are kind of expensive, but so was that LCD that you bought, so you might as well be getting your money's worth. My LCD has a response time of 25ms and with DVI, not much ghosting, but with VGA, i get a lot of ghosting!

yeah, the DVI should help. the 2005FPW has a response time of 12ms, iirc, which shoudl be good for most anything (except maybe gaming, if your eyes are really sensitive). VGA cables'll prolly fuck that right up for you, though

edit: and 25ms is ridiculous, how do you live with that? my 1905FP has a response time of 20ms, and i get headaches just scrolling on TW. maybe the DVI cable makes a bigger difference than i thought (i use VGA :( )

Back