Dear TWers that work on or near heavy machinery,

Lineage

Veteran XV
Please, please be careful and mindful of your surroundings. I got to witness this in person today:

JuStC.jpg

The driver tried to raise the fork up to max height on a 30 degree incline. It ended with him wedged between the forklift and that yellow concrete pylon. 10 men together could not even budge this thing.

I'm not sure if the guy is ok or not, but he was conscious throughout the entire event. The results were pretty gruesome once firefighters came and used the jaws of life to get him out.

Be safe, guys. Going out this way is not fun.

vid? I'm sorry, but I'm betting the look on his face as he was tipping was pretty good.

Where's all the blood?

Obligatory:

He actually was not bleeding very much at all. I'm not sure why. The man was seriously messed up when they put him in the ambulance. There was a hole the size of a quarter in his chest and he lost a 6 inch strip of flesh. It was fucking morbid.

We used to have a lift like that at work. Now all of our Crowns are reach lifts. Operators need to remember the safety triangle.

You should've took pics of the fucked up dude wedged in the pylon man..Just had to blur out the face..

P.S. Ah physics, she's a cold hearted bitch.

At the time, I was too busy trying to save the man's life. Like I said, 10 people were working together to try and lift up this forklift. We couldn't even move it and inch. The thing weighs several tons.

Back