[Dead Format] xbox360 hd dvd drive - anyone having issues?

Excel

Contributor
Veteran XV
I havent been able to play an HD DVD since the NXE dashboard update. Normal dvds are recognized by the hd drive, but not hd dvds. Microsoft's crack team of fucking idiots have been telling me for two weeks to retry the same shit over and over (install a two year old update that you already have, make sure the discs are good even if you're trying 20 different titles).

Anyone else run into this? I really, really dont want to have to pour more money into a dead format.

Try one please. I've got like 30 hd dvds and it doesnt play any now, new or old :/

... failing being able to get this damn thing to work again, anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement?

i dunno if you're close to a fry's but i found them there for like 30 buckls brand new and stuff but i guess its hit or miss now since they dont make them anymore

Done, Frys had it for like 30 less than amazon.

If its not the player... sweet, I get to bitch out some more microsoft people while waving a warranty :D

Amazon just had a sale, before that deepdiscountdvd would put them up for 5 or six bucks, stuff like that.

Back