dc nightlife

veorx

I traded my soul for this title
Veteran XV
here for a few.

bars/strip clubs/clubs/restaurants..any recommendations?

thanks

500x_custom_1279829403310_26624_mk1_122_153lo.jpg

I plan to head out there this fall for a week, to hit the Smithsonian and National Archives though. Going out at night in DC just doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

Georgetown is OK, if you like yuppies and pretentious women

Adams Morgan is a lot of fun, especially if you like getting hammered and then eating slices of pizza the size of a child

H Street is fun. Check out Palace of Wonders (side show/freak show bar).

RFD is a really nice bar, if you just want a place to have some beers and OK bar food. They have a bajillion beers to choose from. Take the metro to Chinatown. It's right near 7th & H.

U Street Music Hall is very nice, if you enjoy dance music without dress codes and velvet rope bullshit. Ibiza (Glow on Thursdays) is nice, if you do want dress codes and all that bullshit.

I don't eat out in the city much but...

As far as someplace nice to eat that won't cost an arm and a leg...
- Ben's Chili Bowl in DC
- Ben's Next Door in DC
- Mandalay in Silver Spring, MD
- 8407 in Silver Spring, MD
- Kam Fong in Chinatown (DC)

If you don't mind spending a good bit of change...
- Equinox
- Charlie Palmer Steakhouse
- Komi
- Citronelle

Last edited:
tdonut pretty much laid out everything

if youve never been to DC for bar hopping id suggest U St or Georgetown (M St)

that should have enough pussy to satisfy fraggle

i'd say adams morgan (18th st near columbia) or georgetown (m st near wisconsin) are your best bet. just walk around and pick a place that looks fun/busy. georgetown is a bit more button-down. adams morgan is a bit sloppier.

Going out at night in dc is a great idea. You need to go to the street where all the black entertainment is and jazz clubs, on U Street I believe. I went into a jazz club where I was the only white guy, my friend was hispanic. We had a great time. We went to Ben's Chili Bowl, and afterwards saw some cops just hanging around having casual chit-chat with some prostitutes.

Ben's Chili Bowl is about the best place to eat after drinking. Nothing like a chili dog and a milkshake at 2am! :)

Staying downtown.

Thanks.. I will be trashed tonight and sat night out there

Next question: any bars with beer pong?

Back