Dad Stuff {{Whole House Humidifier}}

a0bOKTldOJVJivmPNGBHfMYJU9x.jpg

it's a strange hill to defend

maybe he's never felt the joy of a properly humidified room

humidifier comes in tomorrow.

picked up the sheet metal goods for ducts

house seems to be settling between 20-30rH at the moment.

waking up with dry mouth and congestion

cant believe im hbere

anyway, just put a fuckin humidifier in ur bedroom

ur opening a can of worms trying to retro ur existing hvac to also manipulate humidity

ive lived inside cannabis grow rooms everyday for the last 4 years, they are made of metal and concrete, we clean religiously in between crops, we supplement humidity and molds will grow. i would never desire to supplement moisture in ducting, we blow the moisture into the rooms themselves to meet desired setpoints. surface area is youir enemy

ok im done now

Yeah, damp dirt doesn't increase humidity in a grow room, right DP? That water is going somewhere, and it's not all being converted into plant material.
:picard:

Hell, the millions of acres of corn west of here increase the humidity in the summer.
RIDtXOB.jpg

Everyone is getting dried/cracked lips. This also leads towards more respiratory infections.

The humidity in the house is too low.

Anyone put in a whole house humidifer on a HVAC trunk?

There's self-powered fan model or bypass models.

Any tips/tricks on these suckers?

I'm leaning towards a self-power style so I don't get the awkward bypass hose.

Is there actually any noticeable difference when adding these things?

In the past I've just junked these things when I do AC home repairs because they're like neglected and gross looking. Just like another gadget gizmo thing that people tack on to sales. But do they actually do anything?

Or am I just better off with a stand alone room unit?

look why dont you take a play out of your playbook and just put a humidifier next to your air intake on the ac unit to displace?

until you figure out a long term solution?

There's a bunch of new England that's not in the coast; white mountains etc

theres not a bunch of new england period. somehow i always manage to forget you live in whiteopia :lol: White privilege is living in a 7% negro population area :lol:

Last edited:
Back