"D:\Desktop is not Accessible. Acess Denied"???

DipStick

Contributor
Veteran XV
Just formatted my C drive, and installed new copy of Windows, and when I go to switch the desktop from the C drive to the D drive where I have all my saved shit on, it gives me that error.

I dont see how if I formatted C, D would be changed at all. So does anyone know what could be causing my folder to be inaccessible, and if there is a way to get that data back?

The D drive still reads 32.8 GB Used, and about 35 gig of that is in the Desktop folder.

Any programs I can DL that can help me?

Why the fuck do you have all that shit saved on your desktop? Learn to organize. Right-click the folder and hit sharing and security, click the security tab, click add and type in administrators, hit ok, then click full access.

Why the fuck do you have all that shit saved on your desktop? Learn to organize. Right-click the folder and hit sharing and security, click the security tab, click add and type in administrators, hit ok, then click full access.

I figured it was a sharing issue because ths was the only folder I kept private. I tried the right click> sharing, but there is no security tab. Anywhere else I can look for this.

Thanks Bew and Ixi, once I figured out how to enable the Security Tab, I figured it out from there. I appreciate the help.

Is that simple file sharing bs new to sp2 or something? I've done the take ownership scenario in the past for older drives, but I don't remember having to specifically enable the security tab, as I thought it was there.. wiggy.. and sure enough, I had to uncheck it on this iteration w/ sp2

Back