[cycling] 100th Tour de France

we are all jens
Dude it's 2013 and the crowd is talking to each other down the way. . .I don't know if anyone besides Glare and I are watching this live but the crowds are already yelling like crazy for Voigt. He's been nothing but a trouble-maker all day and now he has the crowd.

BPn8HCmCIAM-0bd.jpg

gl hf jens

so does tomorrow count?

Contador went from 2 to 4 and the announcers were saying thing that made it seem like these are going to be the standings.

I get froom being #1 regardless. He'd have to basically not race in order to lose. But Quintana and Rodriguez only have a minute on Contador. Is that enough that they are saying these are pretty much final places?
Also. Froome is a beast, but Quintana showed a great finish today. the kid has been great throughout and its amazing how little emotion he shows

i mean they could technically race tomorrow...but the stage is pretty flat so it'd be easy to maintain the pace

traditionally the last day is a coronation ride until the sprint finish

i was happy to see andrew talansky get a top 10 finish too

so does tomorrow count?

No, not really. The last stage is a basically a parade up and down the Champs-Élysées, which will conclude by the missile riding away from everybody else at 40 miles an hour.

What the tour is going to be remembered for, is stringent drug testing, and the outing of cheaters. the NFL, MLB, the NBA. . .the professional sport that is going to be remembered for outing cheaters is the tour. The men you're watching are clean, and it betters all of us watching them.

Anyway, tomorrow will just be a lot of riders that aren't on drugs, trying to beat Cavendish to the line. They will fail, he's fast enough he really only needs a half-assed lead out. He will win.

I work for the network broadcasting the Tour, France Television. I just got invited to attend a party at the finish line on the Champs Élysées this evening.

First time it's gona be by night, should be a great time.

Great finish. Cav was fast, just not fast enough. Kittel played the tactics perfectly, and deserved the win. Best tour in years. :sunny:

his leadout fell apart but kittel looks to be a beast (seriously he's huge on the bike) for the future

amazing that he won 4 stages

The tour map was pretty awesome, but the tour itself was pretty meh. Contador didn't show up and Valverde lost it when his tire blew. Froome was just dominant.

Cav's train blew it on the turn, I thought he had it.

Back