CoV and CoH, another round of nerfs coming our way.

Bluntzman

Veteran XV
Enhancement Diversification is what they're calling it.

Devs said:
What does this mean? Simply, if you are slotting Enhancements and your bonus to a single attribute reaches 70% through Enhancements, you will begin to see a drop in the amount each Enhancement should be giving you. If you exceed 100% bonus, then the drop will be more severe. We have added to the Enhancement Slotting screen a display of how much bonus you are getting from your Enhancements. When you are adding in Enhancements that will be reduced in effectiveness you will be able to tell.

Note that this only affects Enhancements of the same bonus. So you can have a Damage bonus of 66.66%, and an Accuracy bonus of 66.66% (from 2 SO Damage and 2 SO Accuracy Enhancements) and you will not be affected in any way. Adding in another SO Damage Enhancement will not give you a 99% bonus, but a 94% bonus, because the damage bonus now exceeds 70%.

A good rule of thumb is “2 Single Origins Enhancements = No Reduction. 3 SO’s = Slight Reduction. 4 SO’s = Moderate Reduction. 5 or 6 SO’s = Major Reduction”

I guess we'll have to see how "major" this change is going to be. I don't know if Excel or anyone else would like to weigh in on what they think of this change.

I'm just getting sick of all the nerfs they keep throwing at us. :/

[Cliffnotes]
More Nerfs from the CoH/CoV devs
Reduced effectiveness when using the same enhancement.
"DOOOOOOM" ?

I'm a little tempted to cancel my subscription, but I really want to see how this is going to effect my build(s).

Enhancement system is really kind of bogus from the get-go. Not so much the slotting iteself, but the maginal percentage differences based on the level of the enhancer.

Like, at a break level ( 23 or 27 for example ) I slot all +3 SOs. From then unitl the next break level, my powers get progressively weaker. WTF?

I'll bet this particular change is directed right at 6-slot hasten.

Constant nerfs and downward balancing of CoH is why I canceled early this year. This game is no longer fun, and it amazes me how many people have quit this game due to the same reason.

Daemon said:
Enhancement system is really kind of bogus from the get-go. Not so much the slotting iteself, but the maginal percentage differences based on the level of the enhancer.

Like, at a break level ( 23 or 27 for example ) I slot all +3 SOs. From then unitl the next break level, my powers get progressively weaker. WTF?

I'll bet this particular change is directed right at 6-slot hasten.
Stamina.

.... oh FUCK, HASTEN!

fuck giving jelly your money, he dress up like a slut and gets people to give them to him

plus he'll just stop playing that char in a day or two anyway

give them to me!

Come on. guys. It's affirmative action for the underprivleged enhancements. Equality for Enhance Knockback!

xpdnc said:
fuck giving jelly your money, he dress up like a slut and gets people to give them to him

plus he'll just stop playing that char in a day or two anyway

give them to me!
:lies:

:D

Daemon said:
Come on. guys. It's affirmative action for the underprivleged enhancements. Equality of Enhance Knockback!
I dont play with enhancments really anyway. Plus since i have never had a char larger then 24 so I believe it still will be fun. :p

i mean, a lot of the fun of playing a game like this is to figure out how to make a dominant world beating super hero. There are, somewhat unfortunately, equations and generators which makes that a little too easy, but if you're not using them, you really get to experiment.

Dumbing this process down by making it so you CANT do that.........i just can't believe it. They're just ruining this game bit by bit by making it so you really can't make a different character and you certainly can't make one of those suepr characters which are a blast to play. Maybe they're not even with other chars/types, but who cares? Aside from making yet another change for PvP, there isnt really any legitimate reason to stop people from making those spectacular burn tanks which existed in like I4.

Back