Computer question: geforce gt 520 HALP NERDS

Walking_Man

Veteran X
So I decided to buy an entry level gaming computer to play The Old Republic on seeing as how my current computer is older than Bounty's children.

It has a Geforce GT 520 card on it, which I have heard from certain nerdlord friends is a horrible card and that I should replace it with just about anything. Is this true? Should I replace it with just about anything? I have no idea whats good in computer tech anymore.

MSI N250GTS-2D512 GeForce GTS 250 Video Card - 512MB, DDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, Dual DVI-I, DirectX, Dual-Slot, SLI Ready at TigerDirect.com I was considering this as a cheap replacement.

sw tor troubles my 560 TI with an i5 2500k oc'd and 8gig of ram. just a warning. (when in busy areas anyway)

TOR's graphics engine renders shadows poorly. Try disabling them, your FPS will probably double.

They need to optimize that shit.

GT520 is not a gaming card, a GTS 250 would be an upgrade but you probably want something better to play SWTOR, at least a GTX 460 or better.

IMO, these nerds dont't know much about graphics cards. Even the ones that seem to think they do, will likely just tell you something to the effect of; "any card that cost $250+ is what you need.

IMO, these nerds dont't know much about graphics cards. Even the ones that seem to think they do, will likely just tell you something to the effect of; "any card that cost $250+ is what you need.

That's a great list of facts, benchmarks, and supporting source links you've compiled.

Oh wait...

:nofu:

GT520 is not a gaming card, a GTS 250 would be an upgrade but you probably want something better to play SWTOR, at least a GTX 460 or better.

Seconded. Thats the card I have and it runs TOR very nicely at max settings. You should be able to get them dead cheap by now too.

I have 6990's and I run tor in 5040x1050 in eyefinity but that's overkill the 570 is a very very good card for the money so is a 460 still

Back