Completed my console gaming setup

LordCr0m

Veteran X
Just bought the TV yesterday. Still need to do cable management but other than that it is done. TV is a Sony KDL46XBR3.

I will say one thing. 1080p gaming and movies are the shit. My Xbox wouldn't do 1080p but from what I have read there is a fix in the works to address the issues of 1080p with component cables. I wish the 360 supported HDMI.

Checked out the bluray disc version of Xmen 3 and it was amazing looking. Netflix is carrying bluray now which rocks. Just having bluray for movies makes my PS3 purchase that much more worth it. The difference from stadard HD movies has to be seen to believe. I can wait for all the games that will be coming out over the coming months in 1080p. It is a good time to be alive!

Owned2.jpg

Owned.jpg

there are no "issues" with 1080p over component. they dont do it because it is not a hdcp encrypted method.

Looks extremely similar to how my setup will be. I should be purchasing a Samsung 40" 1080p HDTV in a couple weeks.

So where do you live, out of curiosity? You know so I can stop by and... pick up a few things.

Back