competitive tribes was like dancing

afex

Contributor
Veteran XV
especially capping/LD. agree?

i think that was the secret sauce. cap routes and chases were all about looking 2 hills ahead. when you skied you had to constantly re-evaluate your flight plan. it was the cat and mouse with the capper, where if you stepped on someone's toe he got away. that along with weapons which required predictive aiming, makes it all about the movement and the timing. and in order for a team to be good, they all needed to be able to dance with each other to make the timings line up.

that's what kinda game really want to see made. in most fps nowadays you just kill anything that moves. boring

:bandit:

maybe t2 was like that
t1 was like awkwardly slow dancing with your fat cousin at the prom because she's too fat to get a date so your mom makes you take her so she won't feel like a loser even though I just wanted to play video games that night.

especially capping/LD. agree?

i think that was the secret sauce. cap routes and chases were all about looking 2 hills ahead. when you skied you had to constantly re-evaluate your flight plan. it was the cat and mouse with the capper, where if you stepped on someone's toe he got away. that along with weapons which required predictive aiming, makes it all about the movement and the timing. and in order for a team to be good, they all needed to be able to dance with each other to make the timings line up.

that's what kinda game really want to see made. in most fps nowadays you just kill anything that moves. boring

:bandit:

uhh, after 10 years, nobody thinks anymore...it's like pleasantville.. then when something sloppy happens everyone just pauses and goes silent out of dismay.

maybe t2 was like that
t1 was like awkwardly slow dancing with your fat cousin at the prom because she's too fat to get a date so your mom makes you take her so she won't feel like a loser even though I just wanted to play video games that night.

?? i was turned off by T2 because it felt slower.. guess they patched that shit

twitter_fail_whale_wide.jpg

Back