[Coming Attraction] Lebanon War in Mid-July

Umm guys the Turks are massing troops on the border to go after the Kurds. The day I left Istanbul two weeks ago there was a bus bomb by Kurdish insurgents that killed five people. The Turks are tired of the Kurdish camps in Iraq and the Kurds are still "a little sore" over getting massacre.

And flashy siren on Drudge right now..

Turkey has massed 140,000 troops on its border with Iraq

those are there to kill kurds. Turks hate kurds as much as they hate arabs.

If we let Turkey have Iraq you'll really see the meaning of Bloodbath. Hell they'd probably try to retake Mecca and bring SA into the war too.

If we let Turkey have Iraq you'll really see the meaning of Bloodbath. Hell they'd probably try to retake Mecca and bring SA into the war too.

Yeah, but things are heating up all around the middle east. Must be summer.

Iran could stabilize the region if their leaders weren't such dicks. By dicks I mean the Mujtahids and the Supreme Leader.

Iran could stabilize the region if their leaders weren't such dicks. By dicks I mean the Mujtahids and the Supreme Leader.

Iran doesn't want that. They are actually probably going to be behind the war. It takes the heat off of their nuke program.

I predict US armed forces recruitment will hit an all-time low coming the fall/winter.

We just need to pick a country with prettier place to go to war with, you know like in the South Pacific...then you'll see recruitment go up. Who the hell wants to fight in the desert when there's a beautiful tropical beach you can fight and die on.

We just need to pick a country with prettier place to go to war with, you know like in the South Pacific...then you'll see recruitment go up. Who the hell wants to fight in the desert when there's a beautiful tropical beach you can fight and die on.

Good to know the youth of America would care more about where they are sent to war versus why they are being sent to war or even the fact they could die waging said war.

I also think parents may start talking their kids out of enlisting if we get involved in another war against shady terrorists capable of hiding within the native populace and fighting using IEDs.

Good to know the youth of America would care more about where they are sent to war versus why they are being sent to war or even the fact they could die waging said war.

I also think parents may start talking their kids out of enlisting if we get involved in another war against shady terrorists capable of hiding within the native populace and fighting using IEDs.

You know I feel guilty about not joining the army, but my mother reassured me telling me saying out family's done enough. I had two grandfathers in WWII, an two uncle in Korea, and two uncles in Vietnam. Though of course this didn't do anything to ease my guilt, my mother wasn't too eager to have me enlist. My father was like, join the Air-Force or Navy. If I did enlist it would be army as has been the trend with my family. The guilt is still there.

We'll see.

I think Syria/Iran definitely want to keep Lebanon destabilized enough to maintain Hezbollah's autonomy. Last thing theyt want is to have Lebanon's moderates finally build a strong government with western support, completely alienating Hezbollah.

Likewise... they do not want the "investigations" into the political assassinations to gain leverage. Fuck em.

Frankly, if Israel and USA had handled last summer properly they'd be much farther ahead in containing hezbollah (and dividing them among the social welfare types and the militants).

As you may know, violence has been seriously heating up lately on the Iraqi-Turkey border with Turks massively building up their forces as a threat to the iraqi Kurds.

The "worse case scenario" of the Kurds finally breaking out is not out of the question. If we think Iraq is bad now... if the Kurds get serious about independence that shit is going to get really, REALLY, R E A L L Y ugly.

(plus, the kurds are sitting on shitloads of the iraqi oil)

edit: lol i see you guys were already talking about this. :)

Last edited:
You know I feel guilty about not joining the army, but my mother reassured me telling me saying out family's done enough. I had two grandfathers in WWII, an two uncle in Korea, and two uncles in Vietnam. Though of course this didn't do anything to ease my guilt, my mother wasn't too eager to have me enlist. My father was like, join the Air-Force or Navy. If I did enlist it would be army as has been the trend with my family. The guilt is still there.

So it's common to guilt-trip kids into enlisting now? Interesting.

My friend's brother leaves for Israel at the end of july. Sounds like a pretty sweet time to go.

I think Israel may expect a fairly peaceful summer on THEIR end (not counting the attacks on hamas hehehe). If anything, there may be some attacks from Hamas in light of increasing attacks by Israel... but it's debatable since:

1. hamas is trying to pretend they are peaceful right now
2. hamas is cornered and fairly alienated by the entire arab world

Similarly, i dont see hezbollah engaging israel whatsoever.

A lot hinges on this dramatic diplomacy among the palestinians, israelis and wider arab league. It's arguably the most significant set of events in 8 years if not like 15. The question is if they will get beyond shows of good will and actually DO something which fundamentallly has to include a withdrawal of israel from the west bank.

It's time to see who is serious. I have no reason to doubt Abbas is serious. I have reason to doubt Israel is serious. We'll see if they can truly commit to west bank withdrawal.

Last edited:
He's going to be there for awhile, his ultimate goal is to be an intelligence analyst, and they're sending him there to translate/mediate some kind of meetings that are taking place.

He's going to be there for awhile, his ultimate goal is to be an intelligence analyst, and they're sending him there to translate/mediate some kind of meetings that are taking place.

That's fuckin exciting shit!

Is his name Joe & does he live in brooklyn, by any chance. :brows:

That's weird, my friend's name is Joe, and they are originally from brooklyn, but the guy going is Bill and lives in NJ.

So it's common to guilt-trip kids into enlisting now? Interesting.

Well it wasn't exactly guilt-tripping, I was doing that to myself, my parents were fine to have me not go. But even if I did enlist I'd go straight into officer candiate school as I'm about a year away from getting my Master's Degree. (I know you only need a college degree to go to OCS).

Back