Colorado Ski trip

Kelven

Veteran XX
Dear TW

I am planning on going out to Colorado next year with my special lady friend (amusing she hasn't dumped me and set off for much greener pastures). Planning the trip now for either February or March, was looking for some recommendations. Keep in mind, I have only been skiing for about 5 years and am an intermediate to advanced eastern skier. I ski every weekend but it is pretty much all Icy groomed hills and I have skied in powder like 3 times. I would take a place with good snow, lots of options and easy to get around over the "hardest steepest" place to ski.

For reference I ski Sugarloaf and Sunday river every weekend

thanks

Kelven

( I don't really have a special lady friend I made her up for the purposes of this thread.)

if you had special lady friend, though, would you get mad if i fucked her back at the cabin while you were skiing?

I read that like 50 times so no one would make fun of my writing but I missed it because I am a bit under the weather today and I am seeing smurfs

You can't really go wrong in CO. Vail, Keystone, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, Snowmass, and Aspen are all nice and have a fair share of intermediate runs. And regardless, skiing on snow is a lot easier than ice so you should have no trouble there. I'd just go with whatever mountain you can find a good deal at and you probably won't be disappointed.

Dear Kelven,

I guess you will be wanting one of the places near Denver because you will presumably be with a woman who does not have pubic hair. Women without pubic hair don't care about skiing; they care about posing in expensive winter clothing that they will only wear on that particular vacation. All of the well known areas will suit your needs (apart from good snow, which will never, ever happen here again -- ever). If you're only looking for intermediate terrain, then cheaper areas like Loveland will work nicely.

Purgatory (which is where I get my paychecks) would definitely meet your needs, but Durango is too far out of the way for you to get a decently priced plane ticket. It also doesn't have much of the stupid shit that women like. Also, they have cracked down on me giving rooms to friends, so I don't think I can get you lodging.

I'd hit vail and copper mountain for sure, I wasn't that impressed by Breck

What I've done a couple trips: Ski wed-fri, then drive and stay in downtown boulder friday night to grab good dinner and hit up some bars, then fly out saturday

Last time in boulder my buddy and i ate at mountain sun pub & brewery, a little hippy place with great burgers but also food a woman would love

Last edited:
as ulhg said, it's hard to go wrong. I only have opinions as a resident, never as someone making the trip. When I lived out there, I would generally hit up Loveland for convenience/price, and it's honestly pretty solid, imo. Winter Park, Beaver Creek, Breck (if you don't mind douchebros). The only ones I shy away from are Keystone and Eldora, but I probably owe Keystone another shot (not enough snow, somewhat poorly maintained), and Eldora I just got sick of after going there so often as a kid.

Vail is great, obviously, but you better plan on at least spending the night with that fucking drive.

Also, this might prove to be a good resource:
Colorado Snow - Colorado's ski and snowboard resource, events and news

more like PAGING RENO
Spoiler

i am going to breck tomorrow

31" base

no snow in the past 2 weeks

rock skiing at its finest

anyways, most of the major co resorts near denver are pretty tame difficulty wise and will fit you well

breck, vail, winter park, etc. the vail owned places are expensive as fuck and managed like a shitty amusement park that will give you a speeding ticket for going too fast, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
I live here and Colorado and my favorite place to ride is Copper. They have everything from beginner runs to expert. Good terrain parks as well.

Back