[civ4] Pitboss == nice long games

crouton

Veteran X
http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/pitboss.htm

While running, players will be able to log in and continue their progress in a game at any time. Once satisfied, players are welcome to log out and continue later.

Once you are in the game, however, Civilization IV may play a bit differently from classic multiplayer games. If all participants are currently logged into the game, it will play exactly the same as a classic Civilization IV multiplayer game. You are free to move as soon as it is your turn, you are free to chat to the other players, you are free to conquer the world! However, the most important difference when playing a PitBoss game is that all other participants may not always be logged in.

If you are engaged in a PitBoss game, and another player logs out, you are free to make your move if it is your turn. Afterwards, the game is on hold until that player logs back in and makes his move. You are free to study the map. You can even manage cities and change technologies. But you cannot move your units until all other players finish their turns, and your turn is again active.

If the PitBoss has been set up to do so, you are free to register for alert E-mails that you will receive when your turn is made available. This is accomplished by entering your E-mail address in the player details screen (Alt-D). Also, the PitBoss may be set up to run a turn timer. You may have a limited time (typically 24 hours or so) to make your move. Make sure you recognize when a timer is being used since not moving within this time will result in passing on your turn!

Hot damn. Who's ready for some epic Civ4 game action?

I might play although I prolly suck at CIV 4 now.

some TWers tried playing before and the MP crashed like a bitch.

If we do a game there has to be a theme to it though :).

Like WW2, USA/England vrs Germany/Japan teams etc. If you want we can start it sometime this weekend (I think would be best).

Also prolly Team battles or FFA?

My thing would be 2 or 3 teams. Captain of each hopefully being the best at civ 4 out of the group. Then allow team chat to help out the noobs not fuck up.

Last edited:
i bought civ 4

but the install cd was fucked up and i never bothered to return it

and then i made a sandwich

true story

I think I remember playing with you once, Dac. Before the fucking server crashed... forget who was serving it that time.

The 1.61 patch is supposed to solve some of the MP issues. I'll put up a Pitboss server tonight around 11pm and jump on #tribalwar, see if anyone else wants to patch up and give it a spin.

eggi would get owned :p

lets do this. Start it Sunday?

I'll have to patch up.

Also can we have the irc channel be #civ4 or something civ related?

Last edited:
MeSlayer said:
i bought civ 4

but the install cd was fucked up and i never bothered to return it

and then i made a sandwich

true story
what kind of sandwich
and did you potato chips with it?

the people want to know!

edit: and im up for a game

DwarfVader said:
Actually sounds like fun.

Yeah the last Civ 4 game I played with TW was pretty fun.

Almost killed someone at the very beginnig because his warrior was scouting far off. Eventually we killed that player with a mass of units (chokonu included). It was pretty fun until people started dropping.

irc.dynamix.com

#civ4

that's the TW chan that has been around a while.

Last edited:
Tribalbob said:
will a "bought" version work with potboss?
I hope so in my case.

Also we should play on this map :p

BlueMarbleGlobe1024.jpg

BlueMarbleContinent1024.jpg

Last edited:
Fuck yeah.

Sunday it is, let's roll into #civ4 around 8-9pm. Be sure to be patched up to 1.61, that's what it'll be running on. I think.

I'm thinking scenario, maybe 24 hr turn times, not too long a game - just to get a feel. If it goes well, we can do a TW Epic game.

Back