CitizenCon 2014 Persistent Universe Demo

I didn't even know star citizen had this aspect to the game... (landing in places and getting out of your gay ship)

Pretty cool.

The only game company that can pull off an open world simulation that isn't dull and completely lifeless is Rockstar.

This looks like they're just substituting a game menu system for walking around dull and lifeless environments.

The only game company that can pull off an open world simulation that isn't dull and completely lifeless is Rockstar.

This looks like they're just substituting a game menu system for walking around dull and lifeless environments.

ya thats my only concern with this game... just "exploring" gets boring fast. its why most mmos devolve to localized instancing and pvp.

This shit is put together for the people who are already sold on the game.

The demonstrations they need to put together, for the people on the fence and outright skeptics, are still 1-2 years off.

This is why publishers never show you their game until it's practically done and they only offer the "beta" demonstration right before the game releases.

The team they have put together are the same guys who created the ill-fated Quake/Unreal Arena Shooter clone Nexuiz. Obviously, the FPS gameplay won't be Nexuiz for Star Citizen.

and its quite impressive how much theyve accomplished on a budget 10% the size of todays AAA titles. im sure they have quite a bit of that 30m to spare as well since it far exceeds their goals.

just shows how much $$$ is pissed away and misused by EA and gingerjewvision.

The animations in this game need SERIOUS work.

I can't stand the "wiggle" effect while walking around in 1st person, I can't stand the interfaces that wiggle around in the ship, I can't stand the jerky shit that happens when you come out of an interact-able object, I can't stand the way the guy walks/runs around, etc.

Back