[Chicago]Summer Meet

Eat at Portillos?
Goto Woodfield eat at food place there, Schaumburg in general rocks.

Do something like that although it might be to non nerdy for TW.

I'm from Schaumburg, but the only "meet-up" type places in Schaumburg would probably be like Gameworks (like a Dave & Busters) or maybe the Improv (comedy club). I guess there are food places in Woodfield like Rainforest, Brazilian Steakhouse, etc., but who wants fine dining?

So can I get a consensus here or something?

Also, any ideas for when to hold this? I'm leaning towards the weekend after July 4th

I'm up for doing something but I can't do the weekend after the 4th. I'm going out to Colorado for a week and I'll be getting back that Sunday.

Lans are tired, they lose money and no one really wants to play anything. I think the worst part is that there isn't a single game anyone plays anymore, like the old counter strike days.

that's my two cents on why lans seem to be thinning out. The arguments of availability of good computers, and people having broadband doesn't seem to hold as much salt becase I thought the whole thing was a social enterprise. Lan rooms on the other hand are failing because of people not wanting to pay for computers that are typically simply on par as their own and are getting more and more expensive as lan rooms fail.

We decided not to do a Lan this summer mostly because last year's summer turnout was pretty poor. We didn't lose money, but it really wasn't worth the effort of putting it together, and the financial burden was shifted a bit more unfairly on the people who did show.

We will be doing a Lan this winter, though. So don't worry :D

also people are growing up and sitting at a computer for an entire weekend is no longer as fun as it was 6 years ago

Why, exactly, were the potential LAN plans abandoned?

Well a lot of reasons. I wasn't able to plan too much due to moving, school, etc. Most people expressed that they rather do a big one in winter time rather than a rushed one in summer, and Lineage is trolling on the forums.

But the biggest reason of all, is because fedex forgot last time.

Well a lot of reasons. I wasn't able to plan too much due to moving, school, etc. Most people expressed that they rather do a big one in winter time rather than a rushed one in summer, and Lineage is trolling on the forums.

Today. SupCom.

Lol. I suck :(. Where are you moving though? I'd still definitely be up for meeting the chicago guys in the city or something.

I say dave and busters... that way the 21+ers can get some booze in em and we can all buckle down and be the huge dorks we are by playing racing games and the like

Back