[cerealously thread] political trolling

Urshilikai

Veteran X
okay [so], trolling or not, people like rush rush limbaugh, bill o'reilly and glenn beck are harmful to our democracy and to the technological progression of our species

I know tw is all trolls and games but isn't this shit getting out of hand

okay [so], trolling or not, people like rush rush limbaugh, bill o'reilly and glenn beck are harmful to our democracy and to the technological progression of our species

Hell yeah man people with different opinions are totally dangerous to the very fiber of this country.

We should censor them all!

totally man. i mean, the cultural Marxist, lame stream media would never do anything like the above named people do... right?

Wisconsin Unions vs. The Tea Party: A Classic Double Standard

ABC, CBS and NBC Repeatedly Denounced "Incivility" from the Tea Party, but Not a Peep About Nasty Signs from Union Protesters

A story-by-story analysis by the Media Research Center shows the Wisconsin protests are a perfect case study in the media’s longstanding double standard favoring left-wing causes while demonstrating much more hostility to the Tea Party and conservative protests.

Last March, as thousands protested on Capitol Hill in the days before the passage of ObamaCare, CBS’s Nancy Cordes slammed it as “a weekend filled with incivility,” while World News anchor Diane Sawyer painted the Tea Party as a violent gang, with “protesters roaming Washington, some of them increasingly emotional, yelling slurs and epithets.” In August 2009, ABC anchor Charles Gibson complained how “protesters brought pictures of President Obama with a Hitler-style mustache to a town hall meeting,” failing to mention that the signs were produced by Lyndon LaRouche’s wacky fringe movement, not the Tea Party or conservatives.

[i dont know how many of you have ever read anything from LaRouche before but they are pretty entertaining and hate the corporate Emocrats and Republicans]

Over the past several days, the liberal demonstrations in Wisconsin (bolstered by the national Democratic Party and President Obama’s Organizing for America group) have included signs just as inflammatory as the ones that bothered the networks during the health care debate, including several showing Governor Scott Walker as Adolph Hitler. Others have likened Walker to Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin (“Scott Stalin”) and recently deposed Egyptian autocrat Hosni Mubarak (“Walker = Mubarak”).

Another protest sign drew a cross-hairs over a picture of Governor Walker’s head, [ZOMG!!!! but, i thought it was only the evul right wing that acts this way?] with the caption “Don’t Retreat, Reload; Repeal Walker” — an obvious parallel to a Facebook map posted by Sarah Palin last year, although that much-criticized graphic placed the target sights on maps of congressional districts, not any politician’s face.

Yet none of these signs in the hands of liberal protesters have drawn the slightest complaint from network journalists. MRC analysts examined all 53 ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening news stories, segments and anchor briefs on the Wisconsin protests from Thursday, February 17 (when they first drew major national coverage) through Monday, February 21. While eight of the 53 stories (15%) visually displayed one or more of the signs described above, none elicited a single remark from the network correspondents.
[.....]

nothing to see here folks, move along.

hey guys, don't hate on urshy too much! i mean, glenn beck acts as a mouthpiece for those who are too unintelligent to form their own opinions. isn't that basically the same thing as giving glenn beck a much more weighted vote than say, an individual who considers the political climate and the information available in a rational way and according to their own morals and life experiences, and votes accordingly? because on one hand you have someone who can pull the voting prowess of many thousands, whereas on the other you a solitary vote.

Hell yeah man people with different opinions are totally dangerous to the very fiber of this country.

In all seriousness, informed opinions are the basis of democracy. But the public's opinions are easily swayed by disinformation and faith (I dare any of you prove otherwise); this lack of evidence-based reasoning that those in my op, and other political preachers from all parties, bestow on their listeners is what I was referring to as detrimental to our species.

Last edited:
aren't u the dude who goes to uc merced and thinks it matches up with the ivies + stanford + berkeley etc.?

no it fucking sucks

Actually I'd like to clarify: the professors are great and of the same quality and caliber you'd find at other UCs, but the students are bottom of the barrel awful. They should go back to picking cotton and serving my lunch.

Last edited:
How are left-wingers completely oblivious to the fact that their pundits are just as fucking stupid (sometimes even more)?

I know 'incompetent people have no clue they're incompetent,' but even the most basic critical thinking or inward criticism should prompt this idea as a possibility.

It's truly astounding.

I reject the premise that most people are incapable of critical thought and making decisions on their own.

Back