CB Radio

Teflonatron

Server Savior5
Veteran XV
Anybody have a CB radio? I just put up my antenna tonight for the first time in a while...

It's stupid, but I always get a kick out of CB....

sfb9l5.jpg

I usually don't bother with it....I have a 5ft antenna, but I usually don't have it setup, as I occasionally have to park in a parking garage....and it doesn't quite fit the height restrictions.....

Still, I like the whole Redneck lingo appeal.... :)

CB is the shit if you're on the road a lot. There's usually a trucker or two in the area that can tell you where to find the cheapest gas and even hotels sometimes.

cb's used to be THE social tool. if you lived on farms on a sat/sunday night you could talk to half the town

VHF is what a lot of the rednecks are using now.

The sound is more clear. You get them at any marine retailer.

Ask your local hicks what they use now.

so why is VHF so much better?

Less static, NOAA weather channels

EDIT- but I would ask around to see if people in your community are using it. It has only become popular in the last 5 years. But from what I have seen, a good amount of the CB community uses it.

Where do you live? If you live coastal you can (if your antenna is long enough) hear and talk to local fishermen.

Now that I think about it, in your situation I would stick to CB. VHF has chit chat, but not like the community CB has. Truckers still use CB.

Technically if you don't have a license for land based VHF it's illegal, but people do it anyway. But if you live coastal, it's cool to hear what the guys are catching.

Back