[Cars] Selling my old one and buying a new one

impulse

Veteran X
Within the next month I am going to be selling my 1997 Audi A4 2.8l 5spd manual. (if anybody is interested or wants more info send me a pm. i live in MD north or Baltimore.)

I just graduated from college in May. I have a full time job making great money so its about time to get rid of my Audi. I love the car to death but its getting old. It still runs great but I'm honestly just sick of it.

I'm looking to buy either a BMW 128i or the Honda Accord Coupe V6. I was wondering if anybody drove either car and could give me a honest review. I've read practically everything I can find online but its always nice to hear more.

The 128i really seems like more of a drivers car than the Accord Coupe even tho the Honda has more power. I am slightly a gearhead but I don't plan on doing any engine mods to either car. I just want a great car that is a blast to drive.

For about the same price (right around $32k) the Accord Coupe seems more luxurious but the BMW is a BMW and I love everything about German cars. They just seem to handle so much better than any other car I think. I know a BMW is the typical "I'm out of college and have new car, car" but the 128 really does it for me.

If anybody has driven either the Accord Coupe or 128i and can give me some pros/cons that would be awesome. What car would you buy in my situation? Honda's are Japanese and thus will last a lifetime... but the BMW is a BMW...enough said.

if you're looking for a car thats great to drive and is around 32k (probably cheaper) even though its a GM car look at the now defunct pontiac g8 gt, its a Holden Australian import with a 361 hp v8 rwd 4 door sedan, it handles great and is pretty comfortable, and yoy can find them brand new currently for around 25-28k pretty easily i'd imagine

Whats your asking price? I live in baltimore and may need a car. Hows the reliability? Be honest =P

Have you looked into the g35/37? Infiniti reliability is top of the list and i thought you got a lot for your money.

Just don't buy a brand new car. Save 5-9k and get something with 5000 miles on it.

I've been working since I was a freshman in highschool. I have a lot of money saved up already and right now I'm still living at home so I figure its the best time to invest in a new car. 30k I can definitely handle.

Machine, send me a pm if you are really interested and we can talk.

Whats your asking price? I live in baltimore and may need a car. Hows the reliability? Be honest =P

Have you looked into the g35/37? Infiniti reliability is top of the list and i thought you got a lot for your money.

Just don't buy a brand new car. Save 5-9k and get something with 5000 miles on it.

^

this

i love german cars but the 128 is worse than the 318

total girls car

if it's one or the other, i'd go with the accord

a car is only an investment if it's being used to take you to work. that's the only way you will ever recoup the cost of it.

^

this

i love german cars but the 128 is worse than the 318

total girls car

if it's one or the other, i'd go with the accord

the 318 was a piece of trash that didn't deserve the BMW name. The 128 has the same engine as the 328 just in a smaller car. It is a recreation of the old 2002 pretty much. The interior is just as nice as the 3 series as well

the 318 was a piece of trash that didn't deserve the BMW name. The 128 has the same engine as the 328 just in a smaller car. It is a recreation of the old 2002 pretty much. The interior is just as nice as the 3 series as well

For what it is, the 128 is really overpriced

Buying a new car, unless it is your absolute dream car, is like flushing 30% of the purchase price down the drain the second you drive it off the lot.

Do yourself a favor and get whatever you want, just get it slightly used.

Thank me later.

Back