[cars] Looking to buy a new car, possibly a Scion tC

Unamed

Veteran X
I test drove one of these today, and really liked it actually. Didn't know it, but Scion is Toyota's new baby. Anyone have any experience with these or know people that have had one? They are so new though, I guess I won't get any long term track records from anyone.

Also, I am still looking for other sugestions. My biggest thing right now is that I need to keep the payments under 300 and all I have to put down is a trade in that will only be worth about 1200 due to some problems with it right now.

Looking for a semi-sporty car, and hopefully something that looks a tiny bit different than every other car on the road.

This is the '05 Scion tC, I wouldn't be adding any options to it (already comes with more than everything I care about). The price would be $16,465 and would be within range on the payments I want.

Scion%20tC%20Pic%202-pt.jpg

03.jpg

friend has had one for a while (mid-early summer), very nice car, good styling exterior and interior... 2 door so hassle getting into back although the seats in back have lotsa room. good sound system although actual stereo is a bit cluttered/confusing button wise... friend hasn't had any complaints other than his car was backed into and he has to wait for parts to be shipped over from japan

the Scion tC looks pretty good to me. i think the car itself looks nice, its a Toyota (which has the best reliability, period), and the price is nice too. the tC is the kind of car Toyota SHOULD have premiered the Scion brand with, instead of the stupid minivan/boxes of the xA and xB.

I'm pretty used to having a 2 door, and I'll be in the front so what do I care..heh...but yea I sat in the back and it felt MUCH better than my current car, a 94 mustang....hell the back seats even recline

I can't stand the scion line because the xa and xb are both so hideous to me. To bad, that besides the branding I actually like this car and think it looks very nice

Financially im in the same boat as you, and I'm going with a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe (v6, 240 hp). It's about a $20,000 car, but my brothers an auto auctioneer so I should be in the $15k range or less
2aughon5.JPG

ahh my first car was an 88 honda accord, really liked it...so i've got some respect for honda...but this car is already the top end of what i can really handle right now money/payment wise honestly

Well, they're similar, I think. As I see it:

Saturn = GMACs straight econo budget brand. People on a budget that only are point A to B drivers need apply

Scion = Toyotas hip youth budget brand. People on a budget, that like the car they drive and are fashion conscience need apply here

def said:
check out the mazda 3 at all? :eek:

yea i have a bit, however soon as you add ac, abs breaks, and airbags it is about 16,700 and still doesnt have a LOT of the stuff the scion comes with standard...that is also the lower end of the mazda 3's, the hp is way lower as well

oh and i guess i'm a vet 4 now, yay?

Last edited:
I should have my tC by the end of the week, already put my deposit on it before I went on vacation. I'll let ya know how I like it :D

|Blitzkrieg| said:
I should have my tC by the end of the week, already put my deposit on it before I went on vacation. I'll let ya know how I like it :D

heh depending on how quickly i decide, i may have mine before you...dealer down the road has 2 on the lot not sold yet as of earlier tonight

i heard that you can get a factory-installed supercharger on it, 200hp. that sounds nice to me.

Unamed said:
heh depending on how quickly i decide, i may have mine before you...dealer down the road has 2 on the lot not sold yet as of earlier tonight
:p

Our area they're selling within 24 hours if left on the lot. Called the dealer a few days after I got back, sounds like one came in for me while I was gone but he couldn't hold on to it for 2 weeks, had to sell it. Had I wanted a white one (no thx) I could have bought mine about 4 days ago. I'm waiting though.

just curious, why didnt you want white?...make it sound like there was no way in hell..heh...or just dont like the color

Back